p r o l o g u e

•|Smile |•

N: grammatical errors ahead!

Kiro's

I first met her when I was only 10 years old, at the garden full of flowers near the park.

I won't forget that time.

I won't forget her eyes back then.
Her eyes full of fear.

I won't forget her smile.
That fake smile.

She's creepy at that time actually, but I didn't hesitate to come near her. Ni hindi ko nga alam kung anong nagtulak sakin na lapitan siya.

I walked calmly with this cold eyes of mine, as usual.

I sat beside her. We're covered with silence for a moment, until I spoke up.

"Are you lost?" I asked her.

She just stared at me at lost. Like she doesn't know anything.

I sighed and asked her again, "Nawawala ka ba?"

This time, she smiled and answered, "Hindi."

I don't know but I automatically smile when I saw her smile.

I wanna see that smile again.

Again, silence has come, but this time, the atmosphere has changed.

While she's enjoying the dance of the flowers, I'm making her some crown that made of these flowers around us. Alam kong bawal iyon pero, I wanna see that smile again.

After a couple of minutes, I finished it. I slowly put what I made above her head. When I successfully put it, she turns around to me, shocked.

I was really happy that time even though I didn't see her smile. Atleast, atleast I saw her eyes, shining with joy. I can tell with her eyes that she's happy.

Later on, her joyful eyes turned into a teary one. She's not looking at me though. She's looking behind me.

"Papa.." she whispered.

I look at my back and saw a man heading towards us. She cried even worse now. The man stood in front of her and carry her like a baby. I looked at the man, examining him.

The man smiled and said, "Pasensya na hijo, ngunit uuwi na kami."

I looked at her, and looked again at the man. "Ama ka po ba niya?" I asked him. He nodded.

"Mei, magpaalam ka na, uuwi na tayo." The man talked to her.

So, her name was Mei..

She looked at me, "Maari bang pakasalan mo ako sa tama nating edad?" She seriously asked me.

"M-Mei! Ano ba iyang asal mo?!" The man was shocked though.. He looked at me worryingly, "Pasensya ka na talaga hijo, ngunit kami'y aalis na, paalam." Sabay ngiti.

I was left shocked, and.. k-kinda happy though.

"So, she's actually lost?" I chuckled to myself.

Maya't maya pa ay dumating si mama kasama ang pinsan kong amerikano na kasing edad ko lang.

Yes, I speak english fluently because of my cousin, and medyo nasanay na ako na I am talking in this language.

Sometimes, most of the people I interact with, thought that I am a half American. Even though I have this slender eyes.

"Kiro! Come over here! Where have you been?!" My cousin said as he runs towards me.

I stood up while smiling.

"Oohoo, what happened?" He chuckled as he teased me.

"That's enough Lance" pagbawal ni mama.

"Ano nga bang nangyari at bigla ka nawala sa tabi ko ha?" Mom asked as she wipes my sweat.

"Nothing.." I answered a bit shy..

"Tara na, it's getting dark." Sabi ni mama at hinawakan na kami sa kamay.

I wanna say to mom and to Lance that,

I'm in love..