two

(that's Milo)

unedited.

emmalyn.

(third week of september)

"Alright, Emmalyn, I'll message you what to bring and when," Mr. Walker, or Milo as he likes for me to call him, mindlessly dictates while hastily organizing all the papers and whatnot he would possibly need.

Today, there's an important with a currently anonymous government official. Though I wasn't disclosed with all the details, I do know that the bank is forming a partnership with the government to secure the positions of all its shareholders before one of them falls into the wrong path.

This is definitely something they don't teach you in college - the possibility of the biggest and most powerful figures in the finance business falling into corruption. It's clearly as absurd and surprising as it sounds but apparently, it's a prominent concern of the government since they do it with most of the growing banks in the country, especially here in New York where most of the bank headquarters lie.

"Of course, Milo. Whatever you need, just let me know," I try my best to reassure, even starting to stress of his nerve-wracked state.

Milo is my unofficial mentor here at the bank, and also one of the executives', Mr. Cooper's, assistant. Working directly for and with one of the biggest bank executives in the city, Milo can call a lot of shots within some of the circles of the headquarters.

Though I work with, or well for, him in the public affairs sector, he also introduced me to the workings of the analysts, accountants, and advisors so I would have as much exposure as possible, which I'm extremely grateful for.

Apart from being a great mentor/boss, Milo's also a great person to work for. Being the executive assistant himself, he knows how stressful and overwhelming everything can get, so he remains quite flexible and relaxed about my working hours and tasks. When I first met him, three months ago, we immediately clicked, and he took me directly under his wing ever since.

"And relax, please," I tell, laughing a little at his anxious state because I know he's fretting for no reason, "You've done this before so many times and you're great at it."

"Yeah, well, the idea of taking minutes always shoves a stick up my ass," he complains nervously before a look of realization and regret washes over his features, "God, I've got to stop cussing here..."

"But everyone's just throwing ideas from here and there, it's so fucking difficult. I could miss one small detail and we could have a fucking lawsuit over our heads. I know I do a good job, but it's the pressure, Emmalyn, the pressure."

His small outburst makes me chuckle harder than I should have, while he starts to head into the hall and towards the corridor and I return to the work I have to finish before my day ends.

"Oh and Emmalyn?" Milo's voice makes me turn around to face him and I see he's stopped in the middle of the hallway as if a sudden thought just entered his mind, "I promise I'll let you come with me soon enough. Just let this all cool off and become more relaxed then you can join me in one of these meetings."

Smiling, I silently nod, appreciating the fact that he's taken into account what I asked him before.

When he leaves, I continue doing what I was before, patiently waiting to receive a message from him, mainly so I could see for myself what the deal about this entire meeting is.