13

For five days, I exhausted myself with recreating the routine for Ineul's night and thinking about the dream I kept having at night was set aside. It was a friday at eleven in the evening when I finished polishing the dance steps. I paid attention to nothing, except the whole practice, the whole week so I expected that there would be a lot of missed calls and texts once I open my phone. I was right, some were mad, some asked how I was doing and most of them were just missing me. As unfair as it seems, ignoring them would give me time to contemplate what would happen in the future and make sure if what I had were visions.

Doubt. It clouded my head the second I opened my eyes to greet the saturday morning. Emptiness dominated the halls of the mansion of the devil and his unusual time of rise and shine became familiar to me already. Making breakfast, the thought of Ineul crossed my mind and I decided to spend the afternoon in looking for his gift. My phone rang at Johnny's call, resonating through the large space. I told them the day before yesterday about the party and they accepted my invitation so there was no reason for a conversation. Angels don't have periods and I didn't know the particular cause of my irritation with a phone call.

" Luna! Glad you answered. Okay so I'll be buying your friend a gift in behalf of the others but the problem is I don't know what he likes. Do you want to come with me? That is if you aren't busy. "

" Sure, bro. Who else are you bringing? "

" Ooh, are you expecting Mark? I mean I can ask him if you really want to see him. "

" Uh no, actually, I'd prefer if it's just the two of us. I'm not really in speaking terms with Mark right now. "

" Okay but tell me more later sis, I'll text you where we will meet. I gotta kris! " I did not realise how I held my breath the entire time. How does isolation kill one's ability to socialize? Why do I snap at anyone for nothing? Is it a side effect of the not-so-dreamy dream?

A familiar mop of black hair appeared in the crowd then a long arm waved at me. Johnny was dressed casually as he walked across the street, fist bumping when he got to me. We entered a mall where a lot of humans shopped, dates happen, hearts get broken, kids get lost, and where arguments get fixed over food. Walking around and inside shops took most of our time and we lost hope in ever finding a gift that Ineul would like. Not until Johnny got dragged by a girl in a jewelry store who thought that he was her boyfriend, she was embarrassed after turning around and seeing that it was a stranger. Our eyes lit up for an expensive silver snake chain necklace and a silver ring with the word ' Wings ' carved that were both on display.

" Do you think he'll like it? For the few times we met, I never saw him with any accessories. "

" Don't worry, he'll love it. He isn't really the type to flex on things he have, the thought of owning something worth a lot is enough for him. "

" Oh, okay. Right, what happened between you and Mark anyways? "

" I thought you'd forget it while we were buying these. "

" Nah-uh Luna. You have no escape so while I'm being not very annoying, you spill. "

" Well, to be honest, he's the biggest distraction I've ever had. I don't know what to do with him. "

" Wait, are you saying that Mark is not good for you? "

" No! Of course he is good for me, the best even. I just need to perfect my special performance for Ineul later and Mark, he's... All he has to do is stand and exist then all my attention would go to him. It's like he's become my world in a second and that's some great ass distraction for tonight's event. "

" Aww, look how much Mark Lee affects your poor heart. That's inevitable, you know. He can do nothing about it so you just have to control yourself but he was a little upset that you didn't want him to come with us. "