The first day of hell .

Cassandra's POV

My heart was beating rapidly in my chest. My hands were clammy from all the sweat that somehow made it to my palm in my bout of nervousness.

I walked into the hallway of my school. The place of living hell I haven't entered since last summer. This place was where I met him, where memories threaten to break me into pieces and tear me apart. Everyone was giving me stares. Some were sympathetic, others were filled with hate, menace and glee. 

I never wanted to go back to my old school in the first place. 

I tried persuading Charlie to send me to a different school. Even the decrepit old school a few blocks away that holds druggies, rapists and delinquents are better than than this school. He did not agree of course, he said that this school is much much better with good teachers and a good teaching system. Too bad he doesn't know about the spawns of satan which rule the school with their chaotic abilities to kill with a single look.

Carmwell High. Will I ever get used to this?

I walked into homeroom, which is my first period. Ignoring all the stares. I know what messages these people hold behind their eyes. I have practice handling those. My day would be fairly okay if I haven't saw them. 

Them, the ones who ruined my life. 

I tried walking away as fast as could. Not that it was easy with the amounts of bodies all stuffed into the tiny school hallway. Nevertheless, I managed to escape without any one of them seeing me. Thank goodness, or I would have had to go through all that again. "Calm down, Cassy." I kept muttering. "They will not ever harm you again. You vowed to never let them touch a single strand of your hair. They're nothing to be afraid of!"

RINGGGGGGG!

Everyone started dispersing from the hall. Talk about saved by the bell! I turned around to go into my class with the others. Dreaming, I ended up being the last one. The hallway was silent and empty. Except for them. I should have known that they wouldn't bother hurrying to class.

"Hello Cassandra."

"Long time no see."

"How's my lady fair?"

The three brothers, Josh, Anson and Bennett. The one who killed me from inside out, are smirking at me directly in front of my face. Their chorus of questions hit me like a tsunami to the face.

"What do you want from me?"

"What do we want?" sneered Anson. "You caused our brother Anthony to die. We want revenge!"

"It wasn't my fault!" I said, trying to sound cool and nonchalant. "Your brother took everything from me! My life, my body and even my sanity! He deserves to die, to rot in hell!"

In an instant, my body was pinned to the wall by Josh and Bennett. My scream caught in my throat when I saw Anson bringing a knife to my throat, moving down to my breasts and up again. "Shut up you bitch, my brother does not deserve to die. You are just his cheap girlfriend used to satisfy his desires, nothing more. You have no rights to talk!" And with that, I heard a resounding slap ring across the hall. When pain settled in, I realised that I was the one who got slapped.

I got angry, really angry.

"Back off."

"Seriously Cassy? You think I would listen to you?"

"I said back off."

They were laughing, laughing at ME. I did nothing to harm them, I didn't kill their brother. It was just an accident, a really scary accident. As they laughed and laughed and laughed, I got mad. I could literally see red and feel like my pulse is accelerating so fast that it shouldn't be good.

SMASH!

Weird, I haven't done anything yet.

I opened my eyes to see him. He was holding Anson by the collar. Bennett and Josh are sprawled to the ground.  

"Never touch her again."

He let go, Anson fell and went running down the hall with his two cronies. "Dicks." I though idly.

The guy who saved me picked me up. I struggled against his grip so he carried me, bridal style towards the nurse's office. I was so dizzy that I did not try to run away anymore. The boy kept staring at me intently in the eyes, I was too confused to ask why. Vaguely, I noticed that we entered a room. Not the nurse's room though.

In a few seconds, I passed out.