Confused.

I woke up to a soft voice. Too soft. Technically, the people (person, whatever) in my house does NOT talk in soft vocals. We prefer to use screaming. It allows things to run faster.

I haven't heard someone talking so softly since, since...

-Flashback-

"Honey, come in! It's raining out there."

"But mom! I'm playing with froggy. Me want froggy!"

I shook my head, those are just memories. Old, sweet memories that will not happen again. I wouldn't want it to happen again anyway.

"Cassandra, are you okay" The guy's face materialised in front of me. "Yeah. Yeah I am." I mumbled incohorently. No, I'm not. My head feels like a buffalo just mauled it's way through. "Picture perfect." The poor guy looked confused. Like a little boy who lost his mom. "Great, now he thinks I'm loony," I thought sadly. I desperately do not want this guy to hate me already. The first time I met him, at the market, his eyes has already gazed through my heart and left a little scar there. I was puzzled too because he is now gazing intently into my eyes, searching for something. 

"Your time's up, time to go." 

Both of us jumped slightly at the croaky voice of the school nurse. I saw the guy jumping up from my bed hurriedly and went out of the room. I was stunned by his eyes, they were a gorgeous shade of turquoise with a glint that indicated that he had a sense of humour. And walls, thick walls that holds something behind, something I cannot penetrate.

"Miss Carey? You may leave now, your brother's here."

I looked up to see Charlie standing behind the nurse. His face was furious and he was trying hard to conceal it. After all, we mostly acted like a sweet pair of siblings when we are out. He walked in and grab hold of my hand hard. I gasped in pain. The grouchy nurse looked alarmed. Charlie just smiled charmingly at her and said, "my little sister and I are a bit rough with each other, it's our thing ya know?" The nurse seem to relax a little and even smiled at Charlie. He dragged me out, yes drag, to the carpark behind our school. A little red car was waiting there with a bunch of Charlie's friends. They were yelling and hitting each other playfully, heightening their voices when they saw me. 

"Yo kiddo! It's been awhile!" Yelled a puny little guy with yellowed teeth. "Haven't seen you in the club. Were you too busy getting your ass banged?" Everyone in the car laughed loudly at me. 

"Shut up Jerry and let's get her back, I want to get to the club." my brother grumbled, pulling me into the car. 

It was a silent drive home. At least, I felt it was silent. I can't stop thinking about that guy who saved me. It's like there's a bubble cloaking me from the rest of the drunk dudes in the car and I'm all alone, daydreaming about him.

About a life I would never have.

Trying to forget that incident, I stepped out of the car. Something is not right with house though. There's something in there that radiates... danger. I thought of following Jerry and the others to the club but they had drove away. So I went inside the house.

Feeling tired, I took some painkillers and swallowed them. My head still hurt badly. Then, I locked my bedroom door and crashed onto my bed. I fell into a deep sleep. That's when the dreams started.

They were vivid, and they were familiar. They have not come to me since my mom died, so why did they come now?

What I saw next made my skin crawl in fear.

-Third chapter finished! As usual, I'm hoping for votes and some likes . :DD-

-It's a bit short, but I'll mae it longer in my next chapter and THAT'S a promise. (:-

-BTW, What do you think Cassandra dreams of? And WHY are the dreams back to haunt her?-

-Stay tuned . :D-