The Announcement

In the morning a knock of Ginny's door startled both of them. When they did not get up right away the door burst open, before he saw his face Harry heard Ron's voice. "Ginny! I got a letter from Harry last night, is it true? Also, where is he? I looked in every room and he's nowhere to be seen! Ginny?" Ron was as loud as always but he could hear Hermione trying to quiet him, Harry guessed that she knew where Harry had spent the night. "Yes Ron, you can come in," said Ginny in a fed-up sort of voice. When Ron came in he was nothing less than shocked. "H-Harry, what are you doing with Ginny, in her bed I mean." "Ron," reasoned Hermione. "They just got engaged last night, it's only natural." Harry and Ginny both got out of bed and went to hug both Hermione and Ron. Ginny grabbed some clothes and went to the bathroom to get dressed and Hermione followed her. "You'll have to tell me everything!" Hermione squealed. Ron and Harry sat in awkward silence until Ron broke it, "so, engaged huh?" "Yup," said Harry. "Just last night." Even though Ron approved of Ginny and Harry it never quite sat right with him. "Well now we've got to plan, Hermione will help of course but we've got to put together lists of groomsmen and bridesmaids and your best man." Harry thought it was funny that Ron thought that Harry needed to decide on a best man, he knew that Ron would be his best man before he knew that Ginny would be his wife. "Ron," Harry said tentatively. "You'll be my best man of course but I'd also like Dudley to be one of the groomsmen." "Really!?" Ron exclaimed. "You want that prick to be apart of you're wedding?" "He only did that because of my aunt and uncle and they won't be invited but we grew up together and he contributed to who I am today and I want him there by my side just not in front of you because you were always there," said Harry defensively. "Well it's your wedding," Ron sighed. "I'm going to find Ginny and head downstairs, we need to tell your parents," said Harry walking past Ron. He found Ginny helping Hermione unpack up in Ron's room, "Oh! Sorry, Harry, I moved your stuff over there," she said, pointing to a neat pile of folded clothes. "Well Ginny I think we should go tell your parents, your dad already knew I was going to do it of course but we should still tell him it happened," Harry said, a little nervous about what they would say. Once they were downstairs they found Mr. and Mrs. Weasley in the kitchen talking. "Hey, Mum, we have something to tell you..." Mr. Weasley's face went from a soft smile to pure excitement. Ginny held up her hand for Mrs. Weasley to see and she pulled both her and Harry into a bone-crushing hug.