A Day of Excitement

The night before the wedding Harry slept in Ron's room and Hermione slept in Ginny's so that they could help each other get ready. Harry hadn't seen Ginny's dress but he knew that the white dress would be a Ginny that Harry had never seen before. Harry and Ron woke up early to start getting ready and were later joined by Charlie and George to help tame Harry's hair which Harry knew would never work. Harry left to go fuss over his hair himself in the bathroom mirror. As he was combing it Mrs. Weasley walked in, "Harry, you look amazing. You know, I'm excited to truly get to call you my son today, even though I've thought of you as a son for quite some time," Mrs. Weasley took the comb from Harry and began combing it carefully in a way that would stick all day. Harry went back into Ron's room and sat down to put on his shoes and head outside to the tent. As he was walking down the stairs he ran into Hermione, "Harry you look amazing, and your hair, it's... it's tame," she said, with a tone of surprise ;). Harry was too nervous to eat any breakfast, it was eleven in the morning anyway, way past breakfast time. "The ceremony is set to start at five o'clock," said Mr. Weasley. He turned around and notice Harry, "Harry!" he exclaimed. "You look magnificent," Mr. Weasley praised. Meanwhile, Hermione, Fleur, Katie, and Ginny were up in Ginny's room helping her get ready. Katie curled Ginny's hair and Fleur did her makeup. Ginny had only allowed Fleur to do some simple lip gloss but Fleur was begging her to let her do eyeshadow, Ginny refused. One they had finished her hair Hermione brought out Ginny's dress. It was tight around her torso but past the waistband, it flowed out until it reached the ground. Around her waist, there was a small, dark blue, flower pattern. The dress had thin, satin, spaghetti straps. Ginny slipped on her heels that she still felt unsteady on. Once she was all ready Hermione called Mrs. Weasley into her room. "Oh, Ginny!" she exclaimed. "You look like a princess. Are you ready?" Ginny took her heels off to go down the stairs and then all the girls, including Mrs. Weasley, helped her down the stairs. Hermione and Fleur picked up the back of her dress so it wouldn't get caught on anything. "Well," said Mrs. Weasley, tearing up. "It's 4:45, almost time. Harry and all the boys are already out there. Hermione, Fleur, and Katie are ready but they need to change into their dresses so you guys go upstairs and change quickly and then head out to the tent." Outside in the tent Harry, Ron, Dudley, and George we standing in an organized way with Harry under a white, wooden arch covered with dark blue flowers. In front of him there were rows of white chairs with dark blue cushions. Harry checked his watch, the same one Mrs. Weasley had given him for his 17th birthday. It was 4:50 and the guests were starting to arrive. The band began playing and after a few minutes the band started playing a song that made Harry's heart drop and he knew that Ginny was on her way into the tent.