The Waiting Period

Wizard's wedding took a much shorter time to plan because of magic and Harry was beginning to wonder why they had set the date so far out since most of their planning was done in a day. However, the next few months were the best Harry had ever lived, he, Hermione, Ron, and Ginny were all staying at The Burrow and with hardly any dark magic in the last three years, Harry hardly had to go into work and was able to attend Ginny's quidditch practices for the Holyhead Harpies, a team she dreamed to play on ever since she was a little girl. One month before the wedding George, Angelina, and their son Fred arrived at the Burrow. Harry was sitting in Ginny's room once again, staring at the picture of his mother and father that Hagrid had given him so long ago. Harry longed to have his parents at his wedding, the biggest day of his life, but he knew that deep down, they'd be with him. A moment later a knock on the door brought Harry out of his trance, "come in," he shouted. It was George, "hey mate, whatcha doing?" he asked. George's eyes flicked to the picture in Harry's hands, "ahh yeah I know all about that," George said in a tone that Harry had never heard from him. "You do?" asked Harry, wiping the tears from his face. "For sure mate, don't you think I would've wanted Fred to be there, standing by my side at my wedding?" George asked. Harry hadn't thought about this, George knew exactly how he was feeling. "I just wish the closest family member I had wasn't someone who tortured me for 16 years of my life," Harry said, wishing he could at least have Sirius, his godfather. "But you've got all of us, don't forget we'll be your brother-in-laws soon, you have your family right here," George said, enthusiastically. George was right, soon he'd be able to call Bill, Charlie, Percy, George, and Ron his brothers. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley would be his mother and father-in-law. As soon as Harry married Ginny, he'd have a family. George patted him on the back and left the room. Later, Ginny came home looking exhausted from quidditch practice. "Hey," she said with a smile on her face. "George said you were upset, what's going on?" she asked. "I've always dreamed of this, our wedding I mean, but in my dreams, my parents are there but when we do it for real, they won't be," Harry felt bad making this about him, but he was really upset. "But they will be with you, I'm wearing your mother's ring and you look precisely like your father, but with your mother's eyes," Ginny said, putting her arm around him. Harry had heard this comment about his eyes about a million times but for some reason, hearing it from Ginny was different, happier. "Now," said Ginny, sounding a little bit like her mother. "It's nearly time for dinner, let's go help mum set up." The two of them went downstairs and Mrs. Weasley told them to set up a few tables outside because Charlie and Percy were coming today and Percy was bringing his wife, Penelope Clearwater. As they were setting up the tables they heard a CRACK and Percy and Penelope appeared. Percy greeted Harry with an awkward hug and did the same to Ginny. Penelope shook Harry's hand and greeted Ginny with a warm hug that she did not seem to enjoy and she and Percy went inside. "You don't seem to like Penelope," Harry said with a smile. "Well she said that Percy had every right to leave us when he did and he only left because we couldn't see his determination," Ginny said, angrily. That night all the Weasley's, Hermione who was technically a Weasley as well, and Harry ate a feast prepared by Mrs. Weasley and Hermione. Harry, Ginny, Hermione, and Ron were all forced to clean up but afterward, they stayed outside for a game of quidditch. That next week there were several trips made to Diagon Alley to pick up dresses and robes. When Harry first tried on his robes he felt clean, put together, the blue didn't quite complement his eyes that way he liked it but it stood out against the clean, white, robes.