𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓸: 𝓜.𝓜

Chapter Two: M.M

𝘍𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘔𝘪𝘯𝘢.
          𝘏𝘦𝘺 𝘐 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘩𝘶𝘩? 𝘐 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘣𝘢𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘺, 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘴𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘢𝘭. 𝘐𝘮 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘪𝘧 𝘐 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘪𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦, 𝘣𝘺 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦.

–––—

Two years have past since Sana left Momo but life still goes on even if there's always something that bothers Momo.

She still can't move on till now. That time when Sana left, she tried to find her for weeks yet there's still no contact and no one told Momo where she go that time.

For now, Momo still continue her hard work, sometimes a librarian at day and sometimes a cashier on a convenient store at night. Momo is really tired yet she must keep her life going.

For now, she focused on her day shift job rather night. Her shift is always quiet, and boring not until someone came.

The door opened slowly that make Momo look who's gonna be a boring student that gonna come in. She notice something unfamiliar, probably not a daily customer. The girl who's holding a notebook went straight at Momo's desk and shows her gummy smile, making Momo's heart soft.

“Hi miss, is there any book that you can recommend to me? Im not really a bookworm.” The girl then scratch her nape and giggle.

“Uh yeah yeah. You like um novel? Fantasy? Romance? History books or something?” Momo answered with unsure look because she's not a reader too.

“Not sure, but do you have any book that you always read? Like your favorite one?”

“Hmm, yeah. Try to read What is Love, kinda romance tho and might be cheesy. Try to get that at the section five.” After that, the girl bow and drop all the things infront of Momo's desk and told Momo to watch over things, including the book that the girl hold earlier.

———

Minutes have past yet the girl is still finding the book, out of knowhere Momo suddenly get curious about the book and she slowly reach it and opened it, it was entitled as “My Last Month” she was curious as she flip pages and saw a bucketlist and one of it is “Read a Book at Library”.

“You must be a inquisitive person.” Momo then throws the book lightly away from her and stands up quickly, seeing the girl again but with the book that Momo recommended.

“Im sorry, I–”

“No, It's fine! Im Mina by the way, Myoui Mina.” She smiles and sits in front of Momo.

“I only have one month to live, that's why im trying my best to fulfill my wishes, having a cancer really sucks.” She softly laugh and deeply sigh, making Momo sad.

“You know, before I came back here I read the book you recommended. It's my first time reading a book here. The girl's story was similar to mine— my life but the thing is, I still haven't feel love.” She then suddenly shows her gummy smile while staring at the book's cover.

The story is about a girl who's been wanting to feel love yet no one shows it towards her not until someone open his heart for her, making the story end with a happy ending.

“Really? You didn't felt being inlove?” Momo sits too and Mina shakes her head. “Nah, I've been inlove with someone yet I haven't receive the same romantic feeling.”

Momo make an ‘oh’ face expression and then the room is full of silence again. Out of knowhere Mina suddenly stand up and bow in front of Momo.

“I don't know your name miss, but I hope I'll see you soon again.”

“No, it's fine. Im Hirai Momo by the way, call me Moguri.”

“Okay then Moguri, lets be friends! I hope you'll stay with me till the end of my time. Goodbye!” And with that, Mina walk away from Momo. Leaving the library deep in silence again.

———

Three weeks have past since they met, they've done alot of things that only fulfill Mina's bucketlist, they've been on a beach together, watch the sundown on top of a building and etc. They've done a lot of things that usually couples do even if they're just random strangers that met and became friends.

In that three weeks, Momo felt something different. She used to enjoy the things she always do, but with her. She sometimes forget about Sana nor her problems because Mina is always there for her.

Momo is probably in denial of her feelings but deep inside, she's in love with the stranger she met accidentally at a library.

For now, Momo is waiting Mina for a dinner date with her, probably one of a bucket list that Mina wants to fulfill; Having a dinner date in my favorite restaurant with a friend/someone else.

Momo reserved a seat just for the two of them and out of boredom she messaged Mina.

‘𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕, 𝚕𝚎𝚝'𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛!’

Shd then send it and suddenly realized the text she sent yet it was too late because it was sent immediately.

She then blush and covers her face.

Hours have passed and still no presence of Mina shows up. Mina's favorite restaurant was now about to close and Momo have no choice but to leave.

Leaving her alone in dark and displeasure.

——

Another week have passed yet no presence of Mina shows up, Momo is now worried because she also doesn't know Mina's house or any contact about her, except her cellphone no. that she doesn't answer right at this time.

Momo was resting at her couch and suddenly the doorbell rang, she thought that it must be Mina so she runaway quickly and opening a door but instead, it was a mail man.

The man gave her a box and left. After that Momo decided to open it and it was a letter for her, a diary and a book that Mina borrowed before when they first met each other, she then open the letter and tears starting to form and fall from her eyes.

–––

“Moguri,
        You used to like that name when I always call you like that, right? Then I should call you by that since this is the last time.You'll probably receive this by the end of the month or something like that and im very sorry because I didn't show up for weeks. My lifespan was cut in half, instead of living for month since we met, I only have days and you'll probably read this once im in my own graveyard.
        Moguri, im sorry if im the one who keeps you busy for this past few weeks and im sorry for being a burden to you, you know im really afraid to die, I always cry at night after we do things together because I want to live longer knowing that I have you. Im trying so hard to live longer but I can't.
        You know, I felt true happiness every time im with you. You might be a pabo sometimes but you bring out the true me when nobody didn't and I guess you captured my heart after all.
        In this past few weeks, I fell in love with some random stranger like you and im not even afraid to say it, even if you didn't feel the same feelings, I might be the character in the ‘What is Love?’ that you recommended to me but I guess I didn't have the happy ending after all.

        Moguri, I might be gone forever but your happiness is also my happiness so don't sulk okay? See you in our next life, I love you.”

–xoxo Mina