10.

Jason in the MM

Emoni POV.
___________________

The hum of the vacuum buzzed as I went over the same spot for the 23rd time lost in my thoughts. The dinging of the elevator snapped me out my thoughts as the doors opened and out walked Jason. He had on a tight navy blue suit, all black shoes, and his hair was slicked to the back. He looked piping hot. His fingers were moving frantically on the screen of his phone until he noticed me and smiled.

"Hello Ms.Emoni."

I smiled back, "Hi Mr.Mason." I mutter lowly but loud enough for him to hear.

I looked back down and continued my vacuuming but he still stood there I could feel his eyes staring a hole in my head as I refused to look at him.

Suddenly the vacuum handle was taken out my hand and was cut off. I picked my head up and looked at Jason like he was insane.

"What are you doing?"

"Well it looked like you could use a break since your face practically is screaming you're in pain," he said as he starred intensely at me.

I stood there for a moment and starred back at him trying to read what he saw, how he could possible notice that I was at almost the lowest point in life and was on the brink of a mental break down. I was seriously debating on checking myself into a mental hospital, but i couldn't muster up the courage.

I shook my head and broke eye contact with him, "I'm not in pain, but I could use a break," I muttered with a sly smile.

"Let's head to my office," he said and stuck out his hand waiting for me to grab it.

I debated for a second, but I knew he would get his way anyways so I put my hand in his and almost - almost pulled it away once I felt the most amazing sparks I could ever imagine. I don't know why it just felt so right it baffled me like crazy. He lead the way to the elevator and pressed the up button and the doors open immediately since we were basically the only ones here at this time of night except for the one security guard who stay on the first floor their entire shift. He pressed the floor number to his office and I watched as the doors closed. I could see our reflections in the door, I could see his eyes in the reflection flickering between me and the top panel of the elevator that told you what floor you are on. I looked down and our hands were still intertwined. I smiled in my head but quickly pushed my thoughts away. This man couldn't like me, he doesn't like me, and he isn't gonna like me.

I mentally groaned and watched the elevator doors open quickly after the ding. Jason pulled me out the elevator and lead me into his office. Once I got inside he sat in the chair opposite of his side of the desk and looked back at me waiting for me to sit down. I gave him a smile and walked over to his side of the desk and sat down in his overly comfy chair and looked at him.

"I guess you like seeing me in the bosses chair huh?"

He gave a toothy smile and chuckled, "Yes actually you look very gorgeous and professional in my side chair."

"I know you're lying since I look like a complete hot mess," I said bussing out laughing, I could see his amusement as he was watching me.

"Definitely not, you just look like you're going through a hard time and as your boss I don't want to see my workers hurting."

I sighed and averted the eye contact he was trying to force me into. The wall that was protecting me wanted to fall down and I didn't know why. I was usually a strong person who knew how to hide her feelings but with Jason I wanted to tell him every secret I had. If I had a diary I would probably let him read every word. This feeling was driving me nuts. It was so foreign to me.

"I'm fine Jason just going through some family problems nothing serious and none of it will interfere with my work I promise."

He was studying my face so intently I could feel myself blushing from all the attention he was giving me. And I swear he moved from his seat and sat on the desk in front of me so fast I almost caught whiplash. He reached his hand out and ran his fingertips lightly across my cheek. I shivered from the touch and looked up at him and into his gorgeous eyes.

"Are you sure because I swear I can feel the pain your carrying around." He finally spoke and his hand rested under my chin lifting my face up to keep our eyes locked.

I didn't know why he was doing this. Why was he so invested in knowing if i was hurting or not? Why did he care? Why was he so touchy with he? Wasn't he worried that I am one of his employees and maybe I didn't want him touching me. Which was completely not the case I was practicing melting under his touch. I quickly got up from the seat his hand falling off my face and practically sprinted out the room and down the hall making turns at every corner until I reached the stairs and ran down them until I reached the first floor and bolted out the stairwell into the lobby and out the doors. I was finally able to breathe once I felt the cold night air hit my face. I bent down and grabbed onto my knee trying to catch my breath. I felt like I was suffocating in the building like I wasn't going to be able to breathe when his hands lingered on my face. I fell to the ground and and just focused on my breathing until I was mentally able to go back to work trying to avoid Jason as long as he was here.

_______________________
Okay Guys Chapter 10 is done! I hope you guys liked it. I think this story is definitely going to be my baby because #1 I love the whole plot of it & then #2 I'm a plus size young women and I've never been a relationship or had sex and I just feel like I can relate to Emoni, beside lol falling in love with a ceo. I have had crushes and shit before in the past but none of the guys ever liked me back!

-Ash 💜