11.

A/N: *IF THIS STATEMENT MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE YOU ARE APART OF THE PROBLEM* Okay guys! I know that everyone has probably heard about the George Floyd murder and I just want to say that your voice counts! His black life mattered! My black life matters and so does every other black person on this Earth and we must use our voice to help end Police Brutality and racism in Americas (& other countries)! We are human and should be treated as such! NO JUSTICE NO PEACE #JusticeForGeorgeFloyd #BLACKLIVESMATTER

Kegan in the MM

Emoni POV.
_________________

I looked down at the scribbling on the piece of loose leaf paper I had thrown in my purse a while back. The digits of the phone number were written so immaculately I was still stunned that a man had written it.  His name above is scribbled in the neatest cursive I early gazed upon. Kegan. 212-555-555. I wanted to text him. Maybe get to know him. I couldn't get caught up with Jason. He was my boss. We were from two completely different worlds. I didn't know how to live as a CEO's girlfriend and eventually a CEO's wife. Not that I couldn't/ wouldn't learn but I didn't want Jason to hassle with that. He had a multi-million dollar business to uphold.

I sighed and unlocked my phone, clicking on the green Messages icon, and slow typed in his number starting our conversation.

Me: Hi um Kegan this is Emoni we met in the student library lol I was wondering if you still needed tutoring 🥴😌

I sent the message and watched as it appeared blue on my screen. Reading delivered now all I had to do is wait for a response. I set the phone down on the bedside table and rolled over facing Nae. She was typing furiously away on her phone, probably arguing with her on-and-off again boyfriend James.

"Sooo.... I've been saving up, and I've almost got enough for rent and some necessities so i should be moving out soon." I said staring at the wall behind her head.

"Moni come on! You know you can stay here as long as you need to! No one is rushing you out!" She practically shouted in my face.

I turned my eyes to her and saw all the sincerity in them. I knew she was telling the truth but I didn't want to wear out my welcome. My momma couldn't stand living with me for years it must have been a reason and I didn't want S'nae to feel that same way.

"No Nae, I have to do this for myself and for my sanity." I smiled at her and threw my arm around her pulling her closer to me. It felt good to have someone genuinely love you.

I closed my eyes and let the flow of the music fill my ear coming from the speaker Nae had sitting on her desk. She was playing Summer Walkers new album and lemme tell you! IM IN LOVE! I felt my phone vibrate next to me and with the quickness I grabbed it and saw the number of Keegan flash on my screen.

212-555-5555: Hey Emoni, yea most def! Are you free tomorrow afternoon? 😌

I smiled and sent back a reply with a quickness, Me: Yea definitely! Im free at 1:30!

I held my phone against my chest and stared at the ceiling waiting for his reply. I didn't know why I was so excited to see him. He didn't flirt with me or anything, shit he probably had a girlfriend hell maybe even a boyfriend. I sighed and rolled my eyes and set the phone back ok the nightstand.

"move night?" I asked Nae wanting to get my mind off everything that was going on in my shitty life.

"Yes Ma'am lets hit up Walmart and get some snacks!"

We jumped out of bed, slid our shoes, and were quickly making our way out the door and into S'nae's car. The ride to the store was fun we listened to our favorite songs off Drakes Dark Lanes mixtape and vibed the whole way there. My phone started vibrating letting me know I had a phone call. The number that flashed across the screen was the same number that called me for the interview at Jasons company.

"Hello!"

"Hi Emoni," boomed the deep voice of Jason.

"Um hi Mr.Manson. How can I help you?"

"I just wanted to check on you and see if you were alright after our conversation im my office the other night. Since I haven't spoke you since then."

"Im sorry about that Mr.Mason, I'm fine. Really."

"I hope so. I honestly wanted to see if you would like to have dinner tomorrow night with me."

"What!" I shouted.

I bit now on my white acrylic nails looking at Nae who gave me the weirdest look ever like I was crazy; which I wasn't! Jason was! I heard him laugh a little and it threw me off even more.

"You know dinner where to people dress up, go to a fancy restaurant, eat, and get to know each other."

Before I even could think about it more it like my mouth had a mind of its own as it answered him and said "yes".

"Great I'll pick you up at 8:30 its a date! Goodbye for now Ms.Emoni."

"Bye," I squeaked and pressed the red end button and looked back S'nae who was looking at me still. I looked out the window and saw we were in the walmart lot.

"I have a date with my boss."

"WHAT?"

I nodded my head and saw that I had received a text from Keegan while I was on the phone with Jason.

212-555-5555: Okay Great! Ill meet you at the student library! See you then Moni!

I was kind of thrown off the the use of my nickname but I was even more thrown off that tomorrow I was seeing to fine ass men in one day. What in the entire fuck was happening in my life!

_________________________
OKAY GUYS! This chapter is officially done!!! Im kinda conflicted on what that to do with Keegans charater and S'naes characters! Give me some ideas please.

-Ash 💜