8

Taehyung immediately stood up when I just heard glass breaking. I looked down to see my beer on the ground.

Great. I looked up to put my tears back in before going for the broom and dustpan behind the counter.

"What's with you today, you're so out of it. " He asked and took the broom from me. I sighed before placing the dustpan near him. I walked closer to the ocean and sat on the sand.

Its just... a little bit too much to take in. When I made myself believe that there's nothing more between us other than being friends. I always got annoyed when people still thought we were together.

It's fucking real, huh. When... I mean, that you'll only realize the things most important when they're gone. It's such a cliché... if only I hadn't fooled myself up to this point.

Well, there's no point in dwelling in the past now, right?

I'm okay... with not having to be with him. Its just that. Its that simple.

'Jisoo, stop trying to belittle your feelings. It won't do anything good other than simply sweeping it under the carpet.'

"You okay, Jisoo? You can always talk to me." He muttered and sat beside me. I didn't answer and instead buried my face between my knees. How... how do I even talk to him like this? Right now, what am I supposed to tell him?

The wind helped out with the defeaning silence between us. My breath became heavy as I try and try to just calm down.

"I just think I'm relaxing too much that I'm just worried what kind of piled up works awaits me at the clinic and school."

Taehyung smiled before flicking my chin up.

"Don't fret. You came for relaxation, right? Your thinking won't change anything so just enjoy the moment while it lasts. You know... you'll never get it back and you'll regret it too much."

A tear dropped on the sand before I hastily wiped my tears. Yeah, you're right.

"Thanks, wise old man." I said before finally looking at him. I smiled at him and he just chuckled before looking back at the ocean. He'll keep looking back at his ocean.

"Can... I, I mean. Can you do me a favor?"

Taehyung glanced at me as I stammered. He only hummed in response.

Okay. It won't be too hard, now.

I launched myself at him, hugging him by his nape. I breathed in and I finally felt myself calming down. I could feel his heartbeat.

Well, I guess that's all I need to know.

As I was about to let go, that's when he only hugged back.

"You always wear your deepest worries on your wrist. It'll drag you down before you know it, Sooya."

I bit my lip hard as I buried my face in his back. I couldn't let go now, now that I'm crying. It's too much of a sight now that I'm balling my eyes out.

I immediately let go and turned my back. I don't want Irene to see us like this and get the wrong idea. I'd ruin it for him again.

"Thanks, Tae. I'll be going in first." I said and walked towards the house. Before I could twist the doorknob, I breathed in and out.

Fuck this, I'm spending the night at the Bungalow. And that I did. I didn't see Taehyung head inside, I was too occupied with my own thoughts and making coffee and looking for a good easy breakfast recipe.

I spent all night trying to fasten the healing process of my wound and I also tried to distract myself by cooking breakfast.

One by one, they came out of their respective rooms just when I had finished cooking. I made some bagels, eggs and bacon with fried rice then lastly shakes!