Prologue

The universe is sort of like the sea. The tides change. It doesn't like being contained. And it certainly doesn't like being controlled. If you have to survive, you go with the flow- my dada tells me. The stronger the waves, the faster you swim. Fight fire with fire or in my case bullets against a bunch of nosy teenagers.

The Hoebott isn't very boring, one  of the reasons why it's such a great tourist attraction. The sun bakes the land early at 5a.m., which doesn't sound so attractive to a person like me who practically lives in the dark. The sky is a clear blue and the beach side is refreshing, which also I don't understand because personally, sand going up my noise isn't refreshing at all, but hey, I'm not the judge, and of course, The history.

The Hoebott has a dark and mysterious past.

Im being dramatic I know, but its true, it is pretty dark with a lot ugly blotches, you see, thousands and thousands of years ago, maybe not thousands, but along time ago, back when the town was founded by The Kumaars, the people who ran away from foreign lands, which had no place for them anymore.

The Kumaars were different from each other, and they noticed , some had tiny eyes that seem to stretch across their faces, some had skin like the dark of night, some were paler than the moon, some had cloths around the head, and some...

You get it right, they were different so naturally as our world history has indicated, you realize you different from the others, you separate yourself from them, simple as that.

So the land was made into a town, divided into four sections:

Thous

Thron

Tsew

Tsae.

A bit further away from the town was The Naggi. A Beautiful waterfall that shined in the moonlight.

And so the tradition of The Maggi was created.

Three days and the three nights every year to celebrate the peace and joy, and say the prayer of thanks, and hope that the next year would pass by the same. The next few days would pass by in games and dances, stories around the campfire and a lot of pranks.

This was one of the thing i loved about it, the culture and tradition.

However, on the 23rd Naggi, a girl went missing, the Chiefs daughter, and that sent everyone into a frenzy, because the chief was weak and old and his daughter would have been his successor, and that wasn't the only misfortune, suddenly a lot of girls went missing.

Here's where it gets interesting, the girls that went missing each came from one different section and tribe.

Helen Taylor, Lady of The Thron.

Zeenat Kasim, Lady of The Tsae.

Ellen Van Doug, Lady of The Tsew.

Josephine Morghan, Lady of The Thuos.

And finally the chiefs daughter, The lady Nara Tokhan.

These five ladies, the soon to be successors and leaders of the Hoebot, went missing. There was searches everwhere, in the montains, the forest, ever single place they could find, to no avail, the girls remained missing.

Now heres where it gets a little bit frightening, is that after these five disappearences, the boys started going missing.

There would be calls everyday at the police station to file a case for a missing boy.

All these disappearances, all this misfortune, someone had to be put to blame. A lot of people fought, they were court cases, ugly fights and suddenly these people threw in the chiefs gardner, Mr.Dlores, in the jail. I don't know how they made that connection, but to put the public at rest they did so, The screams of Mr.Dlores and pleads of the Mr.Dlores echoed through the town, his family hanged, and there was peace for a while.