KARMA *Cues Summer Walker*

NOVEMBER

Kayla POV

It has been 2 weeks since my sister funeral, and a lot of things have been different for me. I go to class and go back to my apartment. I don't hang out, I don't talk to no one, I barely eat, I'm just here. No one ever told me this would be part of the grieving process, I feel like I'm shutting everybody out. Not purposely, but I just haven't wrapped my mind around my sister being gone yet. I'll be back out into the world, once I grasp acceptance, I'm not forcing it tho. I been checking up on Jayy, making sure he's okay. He's doing much better, and he even came to my sister funeral even when he was supposed to be at home resting. I'm so grateful for that, and him.

Since I haven't left my place to get anything to eat, I decided to go get some Starbucks, my sister favorite place. I decided to get the caramel frappe, because she's the reason I even know about it. When it came to food or drinks, anything new, she would make me try. I went in and ordered my stuff, sat down, and I looked up to see Kartier walking in. The last time I seen him was since the funeral, but we haven't talked since then. I purposely stared at him, so we can make eye contact and he would sit with me. I feel like I been holding my thoughts in, which is why almost everyday I have a headache, so I'll use him to talk to. He finally notices me, and walk to my table.

Kartier: Hey kay, you okay? (Gives hug)

Me: Heyy, I'm doing okay, I try to be okay

Kartier: Yeah I'm already knowing. I seen you the other day going to class, I wanted to stop and give you a hug, you looked sad.

Me: You should have. I said laughing. Everyday I need a hug, I just don't ask for it. And I haven't been around no one to get one

Kartier: True. I just want you to know that everything will be okay. You know I always been an open ear for you, and your shoulder to cry on.

Me: Yeah I know. I haven't found the time to open up to anyone, I don't think I'm ready yet. But I'll be sure to call you when I need you

Kartier: Fasho.

Me and Kartier still talking, and I spot Jayy coming in. He ordered his stuff then before he left, he spotted me and came to the table.

Jayy: Heyy Kay you straight? (Gives Hug)

Me: Heyy, yeah I'm doing decent I guess.

Kartier: You straight man?

Jayy: Yeah I'm good now.

They gave each other daps.

Me: I hope your doing what the doctor said, and not moving around too much

Jayy: Yeah yeah I'm doing it, the shit irritating tho. I can't pick up shit or do anything with my right side.

Me: You'll be okay. Rather that than not being here at all.

We all agreed.

Jayy gave me another hug, said bye to us then left. I didn't stay long either, I had to meet up with my Prophytes to discuss this months activities.

—-Arrives at meeting——

Prophyte Jas: Heyy Kay hows it going?

Me: Good. So what we discussing today

Jas: Well, we were discussing about the probate this month.

Me: Ohhh snap, so what's going on?

Jas: Idk how you might feel about this, but we decided that we won't host a Fall probate, we'll only
have a spring one this time