Of DVT's and PE's

5 minutes earlier
AJ pushed the door open, Mina pushing the door beside him. "Another successful surgery, another life saved." Austin continued. Mina didn't listen, his voice just background music. "Isn't it rewarding Mina?" Austin turned to Mina, awaiting a response. Mina stared straight. She couldn't stop thinking. Bell punching that guy, hitting that desk. Then continuing on to save her. She had never liked him. Arrogant, self centered, materialistic. But he had saved her. Saved them. He had risked his life once, and then decided to risk it again. All for them. "Mina." Mina snapped back to reality as a hand came into her vision, stopping her in her tracks. She turned to see Austin's worried face staring back at her. "You okay?" He asked quietly. Mina quickly plastered on a blank expression, "I'm fine." Austin gave Mina a shy smile, causing Minas face to contort. "Don't make that face." She said pointedly. "Your thinking about Bell." Minas face twitched, looking down at the floor. Austin sighed, "I know he saved you when you were behind that desk." Mina shook her head, feeling the heat rise in her cheeks as a tear formed in her eye. "No, he saved all of us." Austin rested his hand on Minas shoulder, Minas head slowly moved up to look at Austin. "Don't touch me." Austin couldn't help the chuckle that came out of his mouth. "Alright Princess Nykia." Mina stared holes at Austin, causing him to chuckle even louder. Mina reached up and wiped her eye, continuing as she said. "For all the time I've known Bell he's been a jerk. Self centered, stupid, and charming-I, hate. Charming. But there was always those moments when." Mina paused, thinking fondly of the memories. "When he was actually a pretty nice guy." Austin watched her as she spoke, noting the slight upturn of her lips as she talked about Bells nice side. "So what your saying is Bells a dick with a heart of gold?" This time Mina chuckled at the raptors colorful commentary. "In a way yes. But anyway who are you to psychologize  me?" Austin raised his hands in surrender. "I'm sorry I was just asking a question." Mina smirked, "Yeah, asking a question. Just like how you were asking a question to Kit when she all but mentally collapsed." Austin raised his eyebrow at Mina. "What's that supposed to mean?" "I don't know it just seems like you might have a knack at the whole feelings thing." Mina eyed Austin curiously. "Ironically I might add, as you are literally the worst with communication." Austin released another chuckle. Smiling as he said, "AJ Austin," "no" Mina interrupted. Knowing exactly where this was leading. Austin continued nonetheless. "Doctor" "nnooo" "of" "nnnnnnooooooo stop" "Love." Austin finished off with a smile. "God I hate you." Mina muttered under her breath. Austin laughed again, "No you don't." Their conversation was interrupted as a crash sounded throughout the halls. Mina and Austin looked at each other, "What was-" "HELP!" Minas eyes went wide, "Grayson?" She rushed past Austin. Pushing past him as his eyebrows furrowed and he asked, "Who?" Mina rolled her eyes, "Come on." She huffed, Mina and Austin rushed down the hall. Looking to see where the noise had come from, Mina pointed at the open door of the kitchen. A group of people could be seen crouching in the floor. One of them Austin recognized, "Kit!" Kits head spun around to look at Austin. Calling, "Austin-Oakafor get in here!" Austin and Mina rushed across the floor and into the room. Walking into the chaos that Randolph Bell had once again caused. Kit was holding Bells head as Conrad straddled him, doing compressions on Bell's chest. Kit looked up at Austin as he moved down next to Kit, "We know why his heart stopped earlier. Conrad figured it out, he had a pulmonary embolism from DVT." Mina looked down at Kit, "DVT? How could he-" Austin sighed as he interrupted Mina. "The anti-inflammatories we gave him." Kit nodded. Conrad continued compressions as a nurse pushed a cart into the room, Mina moved to the side. Frozen. He could die. Compressions on his already weakened frame, along with a new diagnosis of DVT that would need to be treated with blood thinners. He could die. Not just later on, but right now, in this moment. He could die. She had to do something. Mina moved down beside Bell and lifted up his shirt, gesturing to be handed the paddles as Conrad moved off of Bell. Mina quickly maneuvered the paddles onto Bells exposed chest, wincing slightly at the bruising across his ribs. Mina nodded to the nurse once the paddles were secure, "Clear." The paddles charged up and fired. Bells chest jumped off the floor, but he had no reaction. Mina reached down to Bells neck, "No pulse."  Conrad panted between breaths and said, "Again." The nurse charged up the paddles once more, "Clear." Mina moved back as the nurse sent the shock. Bells body jumped again, Mina moved in the moment it hit the ground. Prodding the neck once more. Squeezing her eyes shut and shaking her head as she said, "Nothing." Mina felt the energy in the room change. The dower sense of hopelessness sinking in. Conrad shook his head, "again." The nurse looked up at Conrad. Mina turned around and shouted, "Again!" The nurse obliged, charging up the machine. "Clear." Jolt.