Chapter 3

Shower time? Um, okay.

The Michael dude roughly shoves me into a heavily rusted, moldy, and congested room. To my right there is a tall shower, with cloudy glass walls.

"Go on, get undressed. You should be showered before master sees you." Michael states forcefully.

Truthfully, as witty as he first seems, he can be quite intimidating.

"Well, l'll be glad to, once you leave." I shoot back, trying to sound somewhat sassy.

Michael just chuckles before turning on his heels to face the metal door.  He slides out of it, and it slams unintentionally as he exits.

I slip out of my attire and into the stuffy showering cubicle. What the actual hell? This is so unsanitary.  I turn the water tap to a moderate temperature, only to be startled by the icy rain blasting above my head, and down my body.

I gasp embarassingly from the sudden cold-water contact. I hope that nobody heard me. I always manage to be so awkward. Urgh.

I eventually adjust myself to the torturous friggin water, and start to lather my body up with soap (a/n sorry for that mental image.)

I look to my hands to see a thick, almost gelatinous red substance coating them.

The globby liquid plops and drips from my hands down my leg,

and onto the floor of the shower.  It smells strongly of pennies.

Oh my god, is it blood!? This place is so messed up. Ew.

"MICHAEL!" I screech, abandoning my calm, cool, and collected attitude. Seconds after I hear some jiggling coming from the door handle, followed by numerous loud banging sounds.

"It won't open. So, so very sorry." Michael sneers from outside of the room. 

  I can just imagine the smug look on his wannabe punk-rock face.

  My heart rate quickly begins to increase when I notice that the gelatinous blood is oozing from the shower head, rather than water, soaking my body in it. The oozing is continuous, as more and more of the shower cubicle fills with it.

  I, panicking, slam my small frame against the door of the tiny cubicle.  It doesn't budge, as the blood rises higher and higher, now a equal level with my knees.

"Michael! If I don't get out soon  I'll drown, you prick!" I shout, breathily.

  No reply.

"MICHAEL!" I let out my final desperate yell as the blood rises to my neck level.

Wow.  What I stupid way to die.  I always figured I'd die in a more normal way than this.

That's when I hear it. A faint whisper, that seems like its coming from just about a foot away.

"Welcome to the family..." The voice softly says. 

  This voice is definitely not Michael's, but it is familiar.

  With once final pound against the glass wall, I sink into the liquid.

  I hold my breath for as long as humanly possible, before my body forces me to inhale.

  Slowly I can feel the thick substance weigh down my lungs, and then everything goes black.

*4 hours later*

I awake to see a small crowd of boys surrounding me. Sure as shit, there is Michael, along with Luke, Calum, and another boy, whom I'm assuming is Ashton.

  Once I regather my thoughts, I question what the hell just happened.  The blood shower? Michael leaving me for dead? The strange whisper? How I'm still alive? All these questions are just itching away at me.

"Uh, what the fu-" I start.

  Luke signals for me to shut-up.

"Welcome to the family!" He cheers excitedly (to excitedly if you ask me.)

Hmm, so that explains the whisper. It must've been Luke.  So, why on earth was he 1. In the room with me well I was showering (perv).

And 2. What does 'welcome to the family' mean?

"I know this must be really confusing and overwhelming for you, but it'll all make sense soon. I promise." Luke assures me.

Luke seems nice.  A lot less intimidating than Michael.

"Now come on, let's get you situated." Luke beams at me, before grabbing my hand and hoisting me up from the couch in which I was laid upon.

  With the cluster fuck of stuff happening, I'm kinda thankful for Luke.

Though, maybe it's best not to trust him.  I mean, who knows what he is capable of?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OK so I know this update isn't the greatest, but there will be a better (and hopefully longer) update eventually.  Also, rather than continuing my series "innocence", I'm starting a new series based on the hunger games.