16

"There were no signs of force entry, Sir. Most probably he got in with a key. We'll take you down to security to see the surveillance footage after we survey the area." Nadech's arm was securely around me, his hand on my arm. 

"Thank you, officer." He slides his hand from my arm down to my hand and gently pulls me to my room. He turns to me and squeezes the side of my arms. 

"Get dressed." His voice was soft, but authoritative. 

I nod and immediately went inside the walk in closet, picking the first pair of clothes I can grab. This wasn't a time to pick matching clothes, especially when Nadech was waiting for me outside as well as the officers who were taking us to see the footage. 

I wore a pair of black leggings and an gray shirt. Sliding my feet into a pair of sliders, I make my way out. Nadech was patiently waiting for me on the bed. The cops had probably finished surveying the area because it was only us left now. 

He had his head hung low, fingers clasped together. From here, even though he was looking down, I could how hard e was clenching his jaw. His anxiety obvious from the vicious tapping of his foot on the floor. 

When he feels my presence, he looks up, his bloodshot eyes locking in with mine. There was so much intensity in it, so much anger, so much worry and despair. 

"Uhm, let's go?" I break the silence, taking a step closer to him. 

I watch him as he stands up. He takes a wide stride towards me and pulls me by the nape, bringing me in closer. I suck in a breath when he traps me in a tight hug. His arms were tightly pinning my arms on my side, barely making me able to return the hug. 

He buries his head on my neck, his warm breath fanning my skin. His hold tightens as he inhales my scent, snuggling his head even further. I didn't know for sure if it was a sniffle or if he was just taking in my scent again. I didn't want to believe that he would be crying over me like this. 

If it wasn't from the knock on the door from the officer, he wouldn't have let me go. He doesn't look at me. He pulls my hand as soon as he pulled out of the hug, his head hung low as he opens the door. 

We were quiet as we followed the officer to their office, more armed men following us from behind. When we got there, the tape was all ready for viewing. When they played the video, it showed the hallway outside my door. A minute or two later, the man in black clothes with a black mask appears, heading towards my door. 

He reached something from his back pocket. It was a key card. A key card to my room! That's he was able to get in so easily.

He successfully enters the room. 

The video flips to another angle, now from the camera inside my room. It was seen that he was hiding by the corner when I came out of the bedroom after I heard the sound. I had chills when I saw how he was just behind me without me even knowing it. 

I flinch when I saw him grab me. It was like reliving what I had just been through, but this time I was watching myself fight for my life. Looking at now felt nothing like what I felt when I fought him off, when I resisted his every forceful pull. 

When I saw that he had carried me to the couch, I already knew what was about to happen. I turn my head away, reaching for Nadech's hand and squeezing it tight. I don't want to relieve that moment, nor see it, ever again. 

I turned around and automatically Nadech wraps his arm over me, his thumb drawing circles over my shoulder blades. 

"That's enough." His baritone voice fills the small surveillance office, startling everyone in the room.