chapter seven

Once I was finally done explaining to Sydney about everything that happened last night, she squealed.

"I don't get why you're so excited about this?" I asked.

"Oh come on Annie, you guys have hated each other for years. Well, more like you've hated him for years. And also, me and the girls may or may not have been shipping you guys for the past couple of years." She rambled nervously.

"You what?" I yelled.

"What's with all the screaming today?" Luke asked, looking up from his textbook.

"Oh shut it!" Me and Sydney yelled.

For the rest of the ride, Sydney kept saying how she couldn't wait to tell the girls, and how cute of a couple Asher and I were. I told her for the hundredth time that we were just friends.

"Oh sweetie, they always start as 'just friends'." She said.

The girls were no help either. Kenzie, Anna and Jayden shrieked really loudly. May I mention that my locker is right in front of Asher's?

"Shush guys, he'll hear you!" I whispered. They began talking about what our "ship name" should be. Thank goodness they were moving on to Kenzie's locker now, which is further down the hall.

I was busy checking social media, waiting for the bell to ring, when I heard Peyton talking to Asher. She's one of his exes.

"Hey Ashy, wanna hang out with me after school today?" She asked him in a flirtatious voice.

I looked up to see that Asher looked very uncomfortable. Poor guy. Oh well, I didn't tell him to go date her.

"Sorry Peyton, I have plans with, uh.." He caught me looking at them.

"Annie! Yeah, me and Annie are going to hang out after school, sorry Peyton." He nervously said, and rushed off to class. Luckily, my first class with him was chemistry. Peyton gave me a dirty look, which I returned, before speeding off to class.

"What was that Angel?" I asked him, as I took a seat in chemistry.

"Peyton is obsessed with me! I just needed to get out of there!" He defended himself.

"Oh so you threw me under the bus!" I said.

"Please Leblanc, for one day? I need to prove to Peyton that I've moved on!" He said.

"By making her think that you're dating me?" I asked, confused.

"No, but I just want to show her that I'm not moping around, running after her, so she should do the same." He explained.

"Ugh, fine." I said, rolling my eyes.

The day dragged on forever. After last period, I went up to my locker to get my backpack.

"You ready Leblanc?" Asher asked me.

"Yeah, I guess. Let me just text my mom real quick." I said, whipping out my phone.

"Are you sure she'll be okay with this?" He asked me.

"Duh, she adores you. She'll be over the moon when she finds out I'm hanging out with you." I said.

I had already told Syd that I wouldn't be going home with her today. She thinks I'm hanging out with a friend, which I am, sort of. I know it's wrong to lie, especially to your best friends, but I just couldn't take anymore of her teasing today.

I got into Asher's car. He handed me the aux cord.

"Put whatever you want." He said.

"You sure?" I asked. Not gonna lie, I was a little surprised by how sweet he was being.

I put on Alec Benjamin.

"Oh I love him!" He exclaimed.

"Really?" I was shocked. I thought Asher would come at Alec like Luke did the other day. It's a good thing he didn't though, or else I would have gotten out of that car the second we came to a stop.

We jammed out to his songs, making our own wacky choreography. We stopped at a red light, and pretended we had microphones in our hands, pointing to each other and vocalizing. The family in the car next to us just stared at us. Asher and I looked at each other and burst into fits of laughter.

"Where are you taking me again?" I asked him.

"Well, it's lunch time, so where do you want to-?" He asked me, but I cut him off.

"Wendy's!" I yelled. I love Wendy's.

Asher chuckled. We pulled up at Wendy's and ordered our food. Asher and I sat at a nearby booth and laughed and got to know each other better.

Before we knew it, it was seven o'clock. Asher dropped me at my house.

"I had a lot of fun with you today Leblanc." He said.

"Yeah, it felt just like old times." I said, pulling a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

I reached my hand to open the door, but just then, somebody swung it open from inside.

And it was the last person I would have expected.

"Caleb?" Asher and I said at the same time.

✧・゚:*

Will Caleb be mad at Annie, or will he be happy to see her??