chapter ten

I was taking my books out for the next period. It was Friday, and I had no plans for the weekend. I didn't bother to make any, since I knew I was probably going to get dragged off into something by my friends and family. I was mindlessly scrolled through Instagram, waiting for the bell to ring, when the girls came over.

"Oh hey guys." I said, putting my phone in my back pocket.

"Hey Anns, so we're having girls' night at Kenzie's tonight, you coming?" Jayden asked.

"Yeah sure, I mean we haven't done a girls' night in like forever!" I said.

"Great! Bring snacks, since we're going to watch the Notebook!" Kenzie said, and then the bell rang. I sighed as I closed my locker and walked to my next class.

✧・゚:*

When I got home from school, I noticed that no-one was home. Hayley was still at school, since she had dance practice, and I had no idea where Caleb and my parents were. Probably out to watch a baseball game or something.

I went up to my room and began texting Asher.

Ash

So what are your plans for the weekend?

↝Well, me and the girls were going to have a girls' night at Kenzie's

Sounds fun, what do you guys do during girls night?

↝We usually watch movies, eat snacks, pull an all nighter, play pranks on people and give each other advice.

Seems like fun

↝Yea it is, but I just hope my mom lets me go tonight

Oh wait, it's tonight??

↝Uhh, yea, why?

Well, my parents said that they were having a dinner at your house tonight

↝Ugh, why do my parents not tell me about these kind of things like your parents do?

Idk, but maybe your mom will let you go anyway?

↝I don't think so, but I'll ask anyways, I just heard her come in, I'll let you know if she says yes or not

Sure

I walked downstairs and saw mom closing the door to Caleb's room. Her hair was disheveled, her eyes were bloodshot and she had dark circles under them.

"Uh, mom, can I go to Kenzie's for a movie night?" I asked.

"I'm sorry honey but the Angels are coming over tonight. Maybe some other time." She said, patting my shoulder.

I sighed and decided not to argue. My mom looked like she was tired enough.

I walked upstairs and flopped on my bed. I told Asher that I wasn't allowed to go to Kenzie's. He told me that he was coming in an hour.

I decided to get ready.

I decided to wear a red t-shirt with black ripped jeans and Vans. I straightened my hair a little bit and was putting on some lip gloss when I heard the bell ring.

Then came the familiar noise of two girls shrieking. London and Hayley.

I fixed my hair and went downstairs.

Asher smiled at me. I went up to him and gave him a hug. It's a rule in our family that we have to hug all of the Angels when they come to visit.

I greeted every one else and then we began to eat dinner. Caleb, was talking very animatedly to Asher about some sort of video game.

After dinner was done, Asher, Caleb and I went downstairs to the basement and played Mario Kart. I crushed both of them. Halfway throughout the game though, Caleb dropped his controller. He said he was feeling a lot of pain in his chest. I ran upstairs and called Mom and Dad. They raced downstairs, Jody and Coco behind them.

Caleb groaned, and Dad and Jody picked him up and took him to the car. Mom was crying and Coco was reassuring her that he was going to be fine. She whispered something which I was trying to hear, but the sound of the video game behind me was too loud.

"SHUT THE HELL UP!" I yelled at the TV before muting it. My Mom was too busy worrying to get mad at me.

"Annie, pack your night stuff, you and Hayley will be staying the night at the Angels'. " She said. Coco gave me a reassuring smile and I nodded. I ran upstairs and grabbed some sweatpants and a hoodie to change into and my fuzzy slippers. I shoved my toothbrush and my charger and zipped up my bag. I took my phone from my nightstand and put it in my back pocket, and then ran downstairs.

Mom and Dad had already left with Caleb. Hayley was nowhere to be found.

"She's in her room crying and she wants to be alone." London whispered.

I ran to Hayley's room. She sat on her bed, her face in her hands, her body shaking. I went over to her and hugged her.

"Hayley it's going to be alright. Caleb is going to be fine." I told her.

"I'm scared Annie. What if something happens to him?" She asked, looking uo at me.

"Nothing will happen to him. He will be alright, okay?" I reassured her. She nodded.

I opened her closet, took out a pair of pajama's and flip flops, her favorite bear that she can't sleep without, her tooth brush and her charger. Once all of that was packed, I handed her her phone and we went downstairs. Coco hugged both of us, and whispered to us saying everything was going to be fine.

We sat in the car. We were a bit squashed. Avi sat on the left, with London on his lap. Hayley was sitting on mine and Asher was in the middle with mine and Hayley's bags on his lap. He gave me a reassuring smile and put his arm around me. I put my head on his shoulder and fell asleep.

✧・゚:*

A/N:

Poor Annie and Hayley. I wonder what happened to Caleb?

Word count: 974