Welcome Miss Farris

There's some more introductions in this chapter... Which is kinda boring... And this isn't exactly my best work...

But that's okay! Because it brings in one of my favorite characters :)

And I've dedicated this chapter to kpgcatlover because her comments always crack me up :)

Enjoy and vomment, my lovelies! *blows kisses*

----------------------------------------------

"Class, this is Chutney. Today's her first day so let's make her feel welcome." Mr. Barns announced.

By then, I was used to the introductions that seemed to happen in every class. I silently stood there and waited for him to finish showing me off so that I could go to my seat.

"Okay, Miss Farris, you can take the spot in front of Mr. Cooper."

For a moment I froze, but then quickly scampered to the back of the classroom so I didn't look like a major idiot. It was just my luck, getting put next to him.

Play it cool, Kat.

I met Mattie's eyes for about two seconds before turning and sitting in the desk, my back facing him. I could feel him smiling behind me as Mr. Barns began writing on the board about adverbs and adjectives.

I felt a pencil poke my back.

No. There was no way that I was going to look at him.

Poke.

Ignore him.

Poke. Poke.

Come on, Kat! Ignore him! You're a strong young lady. Use your will-power!

Poke.

You've got to be kidding me.

Poke.

"What do you want?" I hissed over my shoulder, trying not to meet his eyes.

His chair creaked as he leaned toward me. His breath tickled my ear, "Nice to see you again."

"That's all you wanted to say?" I whispered.

"Since when did manners become a bad thing?"

I rolled my eyes and opened my mouth to respond, but was instead cut off by Mr. Barns. "Chutney, I know it's your first day. But let's not start off on the wrong foot. No talking."

My face flushed and I averted my eyes. "Yes, sir."

There was a little chuckle behind me and Mattie's chair creaked again from him shifting his weight. Gosh, he was such an ass. Already getting me in trouble on my first day. I didn't want my new life in California starting off like this either.

We took notes about different parts of grammar until the bell rang. As soon as it finished echoing throughout the classroom, I was up out of my seat and heading toward the door.

"Chutney, wait up!"

I kept walking, pretending not to hear him. It was killing me to see him and not say anything about what had happened between us two years ago.

"Hey, you walk extremely fast for someone with such short legs." Mattie laughed, keeping pace with me.

"I prefer the term 'petite', thank you very much."

"You're welcome."

"That was sarcasm." I replied, only making him laugh again.

"You should sit with me and my friends today at lunch. They'd like you."