Decisions, Decisions

I know I haven't uploaded in a LONG time, and I'm sooo sorry about that. My summer just started and I've been super busy.

This chapter might not even make sense, I don't know. I was half asleep when I wrote it. So, sorry about that and the length of this too. I'll come back and edit it later.

Anyway, enjoy, guys!

-------------------------------------

He wrapped his arms around my waist before I could respond and tugged me closer to him. I felt the bag of chips slowly slip out of my fingers as I attempted to pull out of his strong grasp. It sounded with a quiet thud against the floor.

Mattie pressed his mouth harder against my lips, and for a second I considered giving in. I loved kissing him, even if I was still pissed at him.

But then he pulled away for a quick breath of air, allowing me to gather my thoughts together.

I placed both of my hands on his chest and gave him a shove. "Mattie, stop."

Despite my protests, he quickly gave me another peck on the lips and then leaned back to give me one of his dimpled grins. "Don't tell me you didn't like that."

I couldn't. I'd actually enjoyed that a lot more than I should've.

"How can you just move past everything that happened between us the other day? You're acting like it never happened." I replied instead.

His grin slowly dissolved into a more serious facial expression. He gently pulled one of his arms away from my waist and rubbed the back of his neck, the key sign that he was uncomfortable.

"Kat-"

"Call me Chutney." I interrupted. The last thing I needed was for someone to hear my real name.

"I wasn't lying yesterday when I said I cared about you, no matter how much you don't believe me. My feelings for you haven't changed in the past few years. So why can't you just forgive me?"

Honestly, I wasn't sure anymore. I wanted to forgive him, but there was still that little selfish part of me that liked the chase. I wanted him to chase after me, no matter how hard to get I was, and then prove that he wanted me.

I wanted a fairy tale.

"I can't.." I said quietly.

Was it wrong of me to treat him like this? Most likely.

"Can you at least tell me why?"

I didn't say anything. Instead, I shook my head and then bent down to pick up the bag that I'd dropped. I gave him one last apologetic look before leaving him alone in the kitchen and then heading back down to the basement.

"Are you going to share those?" Ariel asked teasingly, giving the bag of chips in my hand a pointed look from where she sat next to Nathan.

"Nope."

"Of course not." she said with an eye roll. I just gave her a lopsided grin and bit into a Dorito.

The one way to get my mind off of boys? Food.

The sound of feet on the stairs had me looking up from my chips. When I noticed Mattie was the one who'd made the noise, I quickly averted my eyes.

Why did I feel so guilty?

I hadn't meant to hurt him. I just craved to have that romantic love story that you read about in books.

"So, Chutney. What's up with the new hair-do?" Sam asked.