Chapter 1.

She held the bag of groceries tightly between her arms as rain sprinkled down softly.
Her white hair was tied back as she quickened her pace towards the apartment, she shared with a pro Hero. She had on a long black sweater and her shoes thudded heavily against the now damp cement.

The rain began to pick up pace as people began to lightly jog for cover. The girl made it to the entrance of the apartments and headed up the flight of stairs that were sadly uncovered. When she finally made it to the brown colored front door, she jiggled for the keys in her pockets. Before she dropped the whole bag, her fingers had finally come into contact with the cold, metal key.

She maneuvered the bag so she could get the key into the lock and finally be able to make it into the small apartment. The door creaked open as she quickly crossed the threshold and her damp shoes fell on wood. She closed the door behind her and carefully slid off her shoes while still holding the bag of goodies.

When her light blue socks finally escaped the confines of her shoes, she placed them on the first step that led into the rest of the apartment that was carpeted. She sighed as she made a bee line for the kitchen. Resting the bag onto the marble counter gave her arms some relief as she brushed her damp white hair with her fingers. 

The apartment was quiet as the hero was out doing his second job for the day. Nothing could be heard except for the wooden clock that ticked gently on the wall across from the kitchen counter. It was only two in the afternoon and the girl had gotten the groceries for the evening, as well as tending to the sparse chores that needed to be done. 

She looked around, trying to eye maybe something she had missed, but the apartment was immaculate. She spent most of her days in this small apartment and chores became a maximum of an hour as of lately. Nothing really needed to be done since she was constantly on top of everything, as well as the hero was never messy. The most he did was leave a coffee cup in the sink when he headed off for work, either in the evenings or mornings.

She began to unpack the groceries and made a mental list of the recipe she was going to prepare tonight. Nothing to fancy, maybe some stuffed peppers with a side of white rice. The man seemed to love his convenient, corner store dinner cups. She knew they were unhealthy and a cheap, good dinner is always good for the body and soul.

She huffed and nodded in content at her thoughts.

She finally took her black sweater off and hung it on one of the dining room chairs as she made her way back into the kitchen. The girl's blue shirt had slight rain droplet stains that made her bare skin shiver slightly from the cool air of the apartment. The lights above jumped against her pale skin and the many tattoos that covered her bare arms and hands.

When she wore nothing but a shirt, all eyes were on her skin. It didn't make her uncomfortable anymore, this was simply a part of her, of her quirk. She couldn't change it and honestly, she didn't really want to. The tattoos started at the palm of her hands and slowly trailed up her fingers, up her arms, over her shoulders and up the sides of her neck. Her back was fully covered and the chest was partially full. 

Her quirk was passed down in her family, it was called divine protection. Anywhere a tattoo laid on her skin, it was impenetrable. As time goes by, the quirk user usually would be covered from neck to toe in tattoos. It was a sacred quirk in her family.

But the girl's family had died in a tragic fire that shook the whole neighborhood at the time. She had been moved into a foster family when she was thirteen and they eventually decided they didn't want her. After that family, came two more who decided they weren't the best fit for her.

With the loss of her blood family and the rejection of these people who would take her in for a short amount of time, the girl grew numb. Relationships, seemed like a thing of the past as she was passed from family to family.