Chapter 3.

:Ezra:

I had woken up early since I couldn't quite sleep.
Today was the first day for me to start my classes, Aizawa said we could go together since my class was never said in my acceptance letter.

I sat on the edge of my bed as I slowly brushed the tangles from my white locks. The uniform was hung perfectly on a plastic hanger that was rested on the edge of my computer chair. The emblem of the school, shown boldly off the coat near the breast pocket. I could feel a small swell of pride as I sat up from my bed.

I tossed the plastic brush onto my comforter and walked towards the uniform. I had a full-sized mirror that was attached to one of my closet doors. I looked in the mirror with the uniform lazily draped over me. I eventually discarded my sweat pants and oversized shirt for the button up that was underneath the coat.

My eyes grazed over the brutal scar that went up my side, no tattoos were in sight. I stopped buttoning up the shirt and let my fingers graze the raised edges. 

Before I knew it, unwanted memories erupted and my small amount of happiness dwindled.

"Please!" They had me strapped down to the metal bed as a doctor with a plague mask walked over to me. A needle in hand, other men talked among-st themselves as they watched the process.

I felt a gloved hand linger on my trembling cheek "Your almost perfect Ezra"

"Please no more..." A sob escaped my lips as they met Kai Chisaki's gaze.

"Don't you want to be a family? How can we be that with you having a filthy quirk?!" His voice raised in anger as he ran a hand through his hair. "But I'll help you, we'll make you pure"

This quirk was beloved by my real mother's family. Before she died, she was so proud to see me taking on generations upon generations. He couldn't take that from me.

"No!" I felt my tattoo's glowing a bright gold, men ran at me trying to keep me against the metal bed.

I put force into my left arm and slung my arm. The straps quickly snapped with the men going into the concrete wall. I repeated the same motion with my right arm.

Overhaul started to slowly shake with rage as he shook his head slowly. Where the men had busted through the wall, I could see a car drive past and street lamps. My eyes widened and I quickly shoved my bare feet onto the now debris, littered tile floor. My eyes were set on the night sky and the taste of freedom was almost felt, until I felt something sharp pierce my side.

My foot was on the ledge, another foot I would have been on the sidewalk. I looked over slowly and Overhaul calmly stood beside me with a sharp knife cutting my side. He quickly ripped it out and a shriek filled the street. Blood splattered against the shattered concrete on the floor and overhaul didn't look impressed.

I felt pain erupt on my side and the taste of iron was on my tongue as I breathed heavily, trying to get the pain under control.

"It's like you don't want my help." He tossed the knife to the floor and sighed, his hand reaching out. "Fine, I'll just kill you then" 

Panic erupted within my chest and the will to fight this man had become my top priority. If I were to die, it wouldn't be within these cold walls. I'd rather be free even for a second. With the last remaining strength I could muster, I let my arm erupt with the bright golden light and sent Overhaul flying into the next room. 

I quickly dashed away down the street. The night air was slightly cold as I felt my labored breaths becoming hazardous. I could hear footsteps behind me and realized I was leaving a blood trail. My hand clamped harder onto the wound, hoping to ease up on the bleeding.