[Spock] Pon Farr

You are very confused.

You were slapped in the face by Nyota - your roommate - few seconds ago. Nyota was crying. You try to hug her, but Nyota pulled away.

'What is happening?' you think. 'Isn't it commander Spock on his Pon Farr? Why is Nyota not with him? Isn't she supposed to be with him?'

"Nyota, what is the matter?"

Although you were slapped in the face, you triy to help Nyota out. Anyway she was your friend and she wouldn't do it with no reason.

"How could you do this to me, (Y/N)? How could you?"

"Did I do something wrong? Tell me, Nyota, please, I'll try to correct it, whatever it is."

"Are you telling me that you don't know about it?"

"Sorry, I have absolutely no idea about what are you talking."

"So, you don't know about it? Don't lie to me, (Y/N). You have been cheating on me, haven't you?"

"No, I haven't! Why would I cheat on you?"

"Don't lie to me. Then, why would Spock want you during his Pon Farr? Not me, but you? Why would he call your name, whilst he is in the fever of Pon Farr?"

"What?"

The news strikes you. Commander Spock, searching for you, during his Pon Farr? You run out of the room, and go to the bridge, where Jim, Doctor McCoy, Chekov, Sulu and all other crew would be.

*****

"Captain, I don't understand-"

"Doctor (Y/L/N), why did I not know that Spock was going out with you, not Lieutenant Uhura? You have been hiding it, so well, that none of us knew, but you should have came here, you know, Spock's on his Pon Farr..."

Jim tells you. You are totally puzzled, as there was no romantic relationship between you and Spock.

Yes, you liked him, he was working in the science division with you, he was very intelligent, cared about his colleagues and......but he was going out with Nyota. Your roommate, and possibly the best friend. So you never thought about anything like, putting yourself in Nyota's place. Staying with him, learning about each other, kissing, maybe something...physical. You never did.

You press your cheek, which started to swell and became sore, against your hand.

"No, captain, I am not in any romatic relationship with commander Spock. I think there was some kind of misunderstanding taking place."

"No? But that doesn't make any sense, if you don't want...um...Bones?"

"Okay, (Y/N), I'll make it simple. So what happened is that Spock is on his Pon Farr, so Lieutenant Uhura was sent to his room, and we thought it would be sorted. But Uhura came back and told us that...Spock wouldn't let her in and was calling your name. This is serious, as you know, Vulcans die of hormone disorders if they don't have intercourse during their Pon Farr and same rules apply to Spock who is a half-Vulcan. This is a problem. Apparently Uhura and Spock are rejecting each other, so Uhura can't sort the situation out. Also we have no idea about what had happened between you three. But no matter what, Spock needs to be helped."

"So that is why Nyota slapped me in the face? And accused me of cheating on her with commander Spock?"

You mutter and Jim catches it immediately.

"Uhura slapped you?"

"She did......but it's okay. Just swollen. A bit. But that is not a problem, captain. Commander Spock...is he okay?"