𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 16

Ya'll. NCT Dream comeback was *cheff kiss* To celebrate, 2 long chapters coming ahead. ;)
___________________________________

Jeno startles at the sound of loud banging on his door. He shuffles around the pile of clothes laying all over his bedroom floor and flies the door open to a smiling Donghyuck and a shepish looking Mark. Without uttering a word, Donghyuck pushes through the opening into Jeno's small living room. He vaguely notices the a pink bag on Mark's hands. "It's Hyuck's," he shrugs before stepping inside as well.

"So, is that like," Jeno gestures towards the bag. "Make up?"

"Yup!" Donghyuck provides pulling the blond by his arm and sitting him on the bed. "I'm guessing you haven't chosen your outfit yet," he concludes after looking through the room. "Seems like a hurricane went around here."

"I've looked, but suddenly I don't like anything in my closet," Jeno whines shaking his legs and throwing himself back onto the mattress. Sometimes he questions his fashion sense when he least expects it. The numerous articles of clothing suddenly become overwhelming, and maybe it'd be easier to pick if he knew what was Jaemin's type.

"If you don't like anything in your closet, then Mark should give up on dressing up and remain naked."

"Hey!" comes Mark's protest.

"Anygays. I'll find something for you. Let's see," the small boy walks over to the closet and begins inspecting each article of clothing. He occasionally hums to himself in approval and pulls out a few pieces. Jeno peeks at Mark, who has begun to ignore Hyuck's shenanigans, and is now skimming through his phone. The blond suddenly feels his hands get a little sweaty, and he curses. If he starts getting nervous now, his shower would've been useless. His friends have told him numerous times that everything will turn out fine, but he can't help overthink.

Now that he thinks about it, when was the last time he went out with someone? Not like today's event is going to be a date, but it will be the first time in a while where he hangs out with someone he likes. Someone who makes him all flustered with a cute boxy smile and big brown orbs. Someone whose laugh he is yet to hear, but it already makes his heart swell. Someone who worries about small details, and perfect grammar. And someone who is willing to try hard to build a friendship with him, a quiet and awkward Jeno.

There are many wonderful moments in life, and this one is one of them. The opportunity to learn about someone new. Getting to discover a new personality in hopes that it can match with his. Praying that the feelings that are blooming inside, can bloom on the other half as well. And maybe they will meet somewhere in the middle. Maybe he will be able to hold his hand without shying away. Just, maybe.

"Earth to Jeno?" he vaguely registers a hand swinging in front of his face.

"Huh?" he blinks up to a smiling Donghyuck holding out a few pieces of clothing.

"Go get dressed. I want to start working on you hair and make up. That Jaemin boy is going to drop his pants when he takes a look of you," the laugh that escapes his lips is akin to one of a villain. Jeno shudders.

***

"Stop bitting your nails. It's mega unattractive," Jaemin halts his action glaring up at Renjun.

"I don't remember asking for your opinion."

"Too bad. You got it anyways," he finishes with a wink. Jaemin groans. "I don't even know why you're nervous. Is there something I should know?"