𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 33

White noise.

Everything in the room was still except Jaemin's rapidly increasing heart rate. All this time it was him? The person he assumed to be so shy and quiet was the one giving him suggestive flirts? The person who seemed to know nothing about the world was the one who gave him reassurance and advise? The one who kept everything to himself was the one who confided all of their insecurities? And the one who hid behind big glasses and mismatched baggy clothes was the same Instagram fashion icon?

Everything was so confusing yet it made so much sense. He remembers the way Jeno rocked his movie night outfit and how he'd shown off his fit body today at the beach. He recalls how said boy had looked away blushing every time Jaemin had gotten so close that they shared their body heat. The fact that Insta-boy mentioned being in a class with him and being close friends with Jeno's friends. How his eyes seemed to linger a little longer when Jaemin walked into the same room and how he'd look so discouraged over his own reaction about the room arrangements.

All of this time he has been pulling his hair out trying to figure out his feeling about both boys when it was the same guy from the start. Part of him felt happy to have solved the mystery, but the other was- Well.

Furious as fuck.

Imagine confiding everything onto someone just so they could have fun watching you struggle. Has all of it been a joke? Was he trying to win over Jaemin twice just to mess with his head? Did every piece of information shared was used to his advantage? That is sick. How can he even look at him now or even sleep with him? The betrayal was too much. Was the crush thing even real? Or was it all part of a joke, or a bet?

Jaemin heart tightens all the more at the thought of being used. He never considered questioning the other boy, and now? He had almost fallen into the trap. Who would've thought sweet Jeno was not so nice after all. Does he even know him? Or is everything just a front?

Water starts to pool at his eyes, but he ushers them away by looking up and blinking. He tries taking deep breaths and once he feels he's calmed down enough, he deletes the messages he had sent. There's no way he can face Jeno. Not like this. So he heads to his friend's room.

"Hey Jaemin, I'm thinking of making hot chocolate for when everyone's finished with their showers and- Jaemin?" Renjun is next to Jaemin in less than a second pulling him into a tight hug. "Hey, please tell me what's wrong," he pats the boy's head. Unable to hold it any longer he let's his tears fall freely. Renjun continues to pat his head, encouraging the other to let it all out in small whispers. Luckly no one else was in the room.

After a couple minutes, Jaemin finally calms down and they both sit on the bed cross-legged. "Talk to me."

"I-it's Jeno," a sniff. "He's the guy from Instagram," understanding comes across his best friend's features. "I found out after sending a message and seeing the notification pop up on his phone."

"And? Isn't it good that you finally know who it is?" Jaemin shakes his head.

"I guess. But what if it was all a joke?" Renjun raises an eyebrow. "I told him so many personal things and he just selfishly kept them to himself. What if he was using it to his advantage and having me crush on him twice? I was losing my mind trying to figure out my feelings and he was just playing around with them."

"C'mon, you don't know if that's true. That guy is shy as hell! What if he was just scared?" Jaemin remains silent. They both consider all the options, but the mess in the blunette's heart continues to grow. Why can't the answers come easily? "What are you going to do then? Are you telling him you know?"

"I don't know. I kinda don't want to," Renjun nods in understanding. "Even if it was him being shy, he still lied to me. I don't know how I feel about it."