Secret Model: 10

Secret Model: 10

"I don't have time for this!" I hissed to myself on my way to the classroom where the school held detention.

I took a deep breath before pushing open the door of the classroom. Not to my surprise, I was greeted with the scene of kids that seem to have the attitude of I-don't-care. To my annoyance however, I spotted two people I did not want to see. At. All.

"Ahhh... Miss O'Connor! You can sit there next to, Nathan and, Dustin!"

Reluctantly I shuffled over to the empty seat in the back of the classroom. Sadly it was sandwiched between, Nathan and, Dustin which, I predict will be awkward.

"Hey, El!" Dustin whispered and shouted at the same time.

Without any further choice, I plopped myself down on to the chair and started fiddling with my sleeves. I could feel, Dustin's glowing smile beaming upon the right side of my face and, Nathan's smouldering gaze burning into my left.

An bubble of annoyance erupted from me, making me hiss, "What!"

They both stopped staring at me but I did notice the occassional peeks from the corners of my eyes. This continued on till the clock hit five. I was extremely glad as soon as the teacher told us all to pack up and leave. I scrambled up out of my seat and joined the other students, all gasping to leave this retched, stuffy classroom. To my dismay, I felt someone grasp my wrist and got tugged back inside the classroom.

"You're not going anywhere till you tell me where we stand,"

I grimaced at the glowering boy towering over me. Even though I'm average height for a runway model, Nathan still loomed over me.

"We don't stand anywhere!" I say feeling somewhat pissed.

"What? So that kiss didn't mean anything to you?!"

"It meant nothing! We are nothing!"

To my surprise, Nathan abruptly leaned in and smashed his lips to mine. We started edging backwards till my back roughly hit the wall of the classroom.

I quickly got lost in the kiss. My senses were relishing in his passionate embrace around my waist and his heated assault on my lips. It was soon becoming hot and steamy in this classroom which cleared the clouded haze, making come back to my senses.

"Get off me! You can't randomly just kiss people like that!" I shoved, Nathan off me and stood near the door.

"Don't deny it, you liked it. No, loved it," Nathan cockily said.

"Whatever!" I say.

He was right. I did like it. No, love it. But I can't get myself hurt again like last time. Nathan's that type of person I just don't want to get involved with, no matter how mad his kissing skills were.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Nathan said with a deflated expression on his face. "Look, I like you a lot and-"

I swiftly cut him off and said, "Look, Nathan... We can't be a thing. I'm not ready for that,"

Nathan shot me a sad look before he shoved past me and swung the door open. "I really liked you, Eldridge," he whispered before clicking shut the door on his way out.

Even without trying, my heart was broken once again.

***

A game of cat, mouse and dog. That's what my life has been induced to. I was like the mouse. Trying to hide and scurry away into my little hide but unfortunately that doesn't happen. Dustin was like the over friendly dog that liked to follow me around with his tail wagging. He also liked to snap and bark at, Nathan who, in this situation, was the cat. Nathan was quiet and was just like a shadow. Sneaking around the hallways and just waiting on the wings.

All this however was all in my head. Dustin always said hello to me in the hallways, badgered me to sit with him and his jock friends and made an effort to get on my good side. Nathan on the other hand barely talked to me, didn't surprise me and, Etty at our cafeteria table anymore and certainly did not make any effort to befriend me. My life was just dandy.

"Okay like, seriously? What crawled up, Nathan's ass and died?" Etty huffed.

Over the time, before I disappeared for a month then came back as Eldridge, Nathan and, Etty were starting to become good friends. Now that he's blanking us, she's extremely pissed.

"He needs to get a check up or something 'cos he's really got some issues he needs to sort out!

I was about to tell, Etty to calm down when I felt a looming presence behind me.

"Hey, Eldridge..."

"What do you want, Dustin?" I sigh. Really, I was getting tired of his dog-like personality right now.

I felt, Etty fidget a little bit next to me. She patted my shoulder and said, "I better go now! See you guys later...!"

I shot her a look that meant business which made her then say, "Or maybe not... It's up to you!"

I watched, Etty briskly walk and weave her way through crowds of students before disappearing around the corner of the hallway. Then my attention turned to a nervous looking, Dustin.

"Like I said before, what do you want?"

I knew I was coming off a little mean but I was almost getting sick and tired of, Dustin. My patience was wearing thin and the fact that, Nathan happens to be some sort of mind game with me didn't help it. At all.

I quietly clicked my tongue, waiting for his response. After a moment of fidgeting, shifty looks and his fingers running through his hair, he finally spoke.

"Will you go out with me again?"