16: Nicholas Flamel

"Chocolate frogs" I say adruptly, Ron stared. I was helping him with his homework. "wha-?" "Nicholas Flamel has something to do with chocolate frogs" I clarify. Hermione looked up from the book she was reading, and Harry paused polishing his broom. "He-he's on a card. Not like a personal one, but he's mentioned in one, a famous one." I say with certainty. "Oh good" says Ron "It's not like there are 100s of famous cards." I slump, banging my forehead on the desk. Hermione shot him a dirty look.

"Stupid brain..." I groan, my voice muffled by the wood. Harry snorts, "Stupid brain?" he mimcks "You have like....albert einstein level geniusness" "Who?" asks Ron interested. Hermione sighs "She is so oblivous" she complains nudging her foot with mine "she thinks she's stupis and is not pretty!" "I am not pretty" I grumble. 

Hermione smirked "Tell that to all the boys who keep staring at you." "What?" Harry asks as I blush "yup" clarifies hermione "Your sister is famous, so are you" I roll my eyes "Yeah, cause we are the twins who lived or whatever our title is nowdays, besides that is not the point." 

"Harry" I heard Oliver wood bark 'training !"

Wood was working the team harder than ever. Even the endless rain that had replaced the snow couldn't dampen his spirits. The Weasleys complained that Wood was becoming a fanatic, but Harry was on Wood's side. If they won their next match, against Hufflepuff, they would overtake Slytherin in the house championship for the first time in seven years. Quite apart from wanting to win, Harry found that he had fewer nightmares when he was tired out after training.

I wasn't so lucky tho.....I was still haunted by flashes of green light, screams, and evil cackles.

An hour and a half later Harry stormed in, looking quite depressed. I moved my now finished charms essay and got up gesturing to my seat, which I took witha greatful smile. "Whats wrong?" I ask kindly. Harry blew out a breath, lowerin his voice so only we could hear "Snape's refereeing"

"What?" I exclaim

"Yeah...."

"Don't play," said Hermione at once.

"Say you're ill," said Ron.

"Pretend to break your leg," Hermione suggested.

"Really break your leg," I say

Harry sighs. "I can't," said Harry. "There isn't a reserve Seeker. If I back out, Gryffindor can't play at all."

At that moment Neville toppled into the common room. How he had managed to climb through the portrait hole was anyone's guess, because his legs had been stuck together with what we recognized as the Leg-Locker Curse. He must have had to bunny hop all the way up to Gryffindor tower.

Everyone fell over laughing except Hermione, who leapt up and performed the countercurse. Neville's legs sprang apart and he got to his feet, trembling. "What happened?" Hermione asked him, leading him over to sit with Harry and Ron and me.

"Slytherins" He mumbled "Go to Professor McGonagall!" Hermione urged Neville. "Report them!"

Neville shook his head. 

"Drop it hermione" I advise as she opened her mouth, I dug in my pockets for something to give the near-crying neville. With an 'ah-ha' of satisfaction I handed him a fro. "Here Neville" I said kindly "Eat up"

he gives me a grateful smile. "Thanks Emma,  I think I'll go to bed... D'you want the card,harry? ou collect them, don't you?"

As Neville walked away, Harry looked at the Famous Wizard card.

"Dumbledore again," he said, "He was the first one I ever--"

He gasped. He stared at the back of the card. Then he looked up at us. "I've found him!" he whispered. "I've found Flamel! I told you I'd read the name somewhere before, I read it on the train coming here -- listen to this: 'Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicolas Flamel'!" He grinned at me. "You were right Ems- as usual-- flamel was part of a card!" I shrug "told you so"Hermione jumped to her feet. She hadn't looked so excited since they'd gotten back the marks for their very first piece of homework.