Chapter 2:

Boden: "Alright everybody listen up!" 

The Chief speaks with a loud and deep firm voice that allows him to take command of the room, forcing everyone in the room to guide their attention upfront to the big man with his hands on his hips while looking around. He notices that three of his firefighters are absent. As he opens his mouth to question the absence of Casey, Kidd, and Severide he sees the three rushing in yet slowing their pace and avoiding eye contact with everyone especially with him. Chief decides to not call them out and get morning announcements over with as he has a pile of paperwork to get done. 

Boden: "I'll make today's announcements short" 

Casey, Kidd, and Severide make their way to the back of the conference room as they thought no one had noticed their late arrival. 

Boden: "I want everyone washing those trucks out there. We are firefighters, not animals. I want to see bright red trucks, not pale dusty ones... at least not until we get a call. Understood?!"

Everyone: "Yes chief, yes, we'll get right on it Chief," the firefighters in the room say as they try to hide their moaning. 

Boden: "I also want a list of supplies needed on my desk no later than 3 o'clock today from the officers. No excuses." 

Hermman: "No worry Chief, we'll get to that right away"

Boden: "Before I foget, Hermman Casey Kidd Severide I need you all in my office right now. Everyone else dismissed. Get to work people, I don't want lazy men on couches"

Mouch: "I feel personally attacked" the older fireman whispers to to the youngest of the house Ritter and Gallo making them both laugh and pat him on the shoulder as they all leave to their chores. 

Kidd:  "What's this about, do you think its because he noticed we got here late, see you should've let me drive." Stella whispers to Kelly as she raises her finger and shakes it at him as they head to the Chiefs office. 

________________________________________________________________________________

In the Chiefs office 

Hermman: What's the matter Chief?

Boden takes his place behind his desk and places his hands on his hips. 

Boden: The CFD will be hosting a gala tomorrow night exclusively for all officers and their plus ones. The CFD has not made it mandatory but I am. I have been told it will be a very elegant and formal event, we don't get to attend galas all the time and drink free champagne so might as well take it our advantage. Besides with our attendance we will be showing our gratitude towards the CFD for taking the time to create something like that for us. So I want to see all of you dressed in your finest and in your best behavior, we will be representing Firehouse 51 tomorrow night. 

Hermman: Sounds great and all but I dont want sound rude or anything like that but if you said only officers why is Kidd here? He turns to Kidd who by then says 

Kidd: None taken 

Boden: Well I'm sure she'll be Kelly's plus one...

Kidd: "I better" she turns to Kelly who sweetly smiles at her 

Boden: But also because I want to hear from her how Girl's On Fire is going?

He says taking seat in his chair and leanig his back on it relaxed. 

Stella: "Oh ummm... its great those girls really have potential and they are fast learners. I have really came to know each one of them and I'm really going to miss them when Girl's on Fire is over. The future of the CFD looks bright." She smiles as shes happy that Boden asked her about her project. 

Boden: "Well with a mentor like you I'm not surprised, I'm happy to hear its going great."

Severide: "She truly is a great mentor" he turns to look at her and smiles warmly. Stella can't help but slightly blush and release a smile at the handsome fireman next to her who just praised her. 

Boden: "Well that was all I had to say to you four. You are dismissed, get to work"

All four of them: Yes Chief

________________________________________________________________________________

Later that day in Kelly's office

Stella is sitting in Kelly's bed facing him as he is sitting in his chair at his desk. The happy couple is talking and flirting with each other as they do on a daily basis. Casey knocks on the open door and leans on the door frame. 

Casey: "Hey, you done with the supply list?" he faces Severide who by then turns his attention to his friend

Severide: "Yeah I was just about to turn it in, you?"

Casey: "Just did, want me to take it for you"

Severide: "Thanks," he says as he hands the paper to Casey 

As Casey is about to turn around Stella stops him with a question 

Stella: "Hey who you taking tomorrow night to the gala? Because I heard Capp is a pretty good dancer," she shruggs her shoulders as she teases her friend 

Casey: "Thanks for the recommendation but I already have someone in mind"

Severide: "Who?" he asks curiously as he knew Casey hadn't gone out with someone for a while

Casey: "You'll see tomorrow night," he leaves quickly before he is asked more questions

Stella: "Well, I think I'll head out too, I got Lunch duties today," she says as she stands up and heads for the door

Severide: "Hey," catching her hand before she leaves, "what are you wearing tomorrow?"

Stella: "Well you know, something nice, something to make me look sexy"

Severide tilts his head back and says, "You always look sexy but it'll be nice to get all dressed up with you tomorrow"

Stella chuckles and leans down to kiss him gently while caressing his cheek. Kelly returns the kiss and releases her hand, they both lightly laugh as Stella heads for the door and leaves for the kitchen.