Chapter Thirteen

Weeks ago Damiar has promised me we would go visit Philly, but we didn't. Instead we both focused all of our time and energy into getting better, and thank you god that I did. I was fully recovered, Doctor Lai said it was a miracle.
"What are you thinking about?" Damiar asked stroking my face. The bed was warm and soft, the morning light shone in. "Philly" I said with a sigh. "I'm so sorry baby I completely forgot we were so caught up with-" I stopped his rambling "It okay, really" I said
"No it's not. Here I'll organise a jet for this afternoon and everything and we can visit your friends and everything" He said. "But remember I'm Ben Harvey FBI will be swarming that place, if an agent does find you say your completely fine and tell them you just ran away with a boy you met at a night club okay?" He asked and I nodded.
"Okay Aaliyah let's pack our bags" he smiled

The car ride was fine. I mainly told him about the people I knew "Okay so there's Ms Johnson who was your neighbour and her 3 sons Andre, Mikaela and Nico whose the youngest. There's Tyrone who was your best friend and Paulo the ice cream man and there was Kiki who did your braids" He recited and I nodded approvingly.
Valet took the car and I stepped out. "The four seasons?" I said sarcastically "I thought we were keeping it low key" I joked and Damiar  shrugged in response. "You ran away with a millionaire playboy Ben Harvey, I'm just being Ben Harvey" He said.  I had to remember to keep the story straight. We walked into the lobby which was filled with high class clients and business men. "I'm in my natural habitat" Damiar smiled, adjusting his collar. We walked up to the desk and a young woman was sitting on a chair. "Reservation for Benjamin Harvey" Damiar said. "Of course, here's your keycard just scab it on the elevator and it should bring you to your room, feel free to call the front desk if you need anything. Concierge has already brought your bags up. You two have fun!" She said with a large smile as we walked away. The elevator doors slid open revealing a woman in a Burberry coat holding a small toddlers hand. The woman looked grumpy, so me and Da- I mean Ben stood to the other side. The elevator door slipped open again and we were are our floor. Damiar took me by the hand and led me down the hall to our hotel room.

"See it's pretty low key just a bed and a bathroom" Damiar said walking around the room

"See it's pretty low key just a bed and a bathroom" Damiar said walking around the room. "I guess" I said and sat down on the bed. I looked down at my engagement ring. "Better take this off" I said looking down at my finger.
Damiar turned around and looked kind of hurt.
"There's a safe in the closet" He said. I nodded and tried to open the door but it was locked.
"What did you set the code to?" I asked
"69420" He said with a grin. I rolled my eyes
"Real mature There Benny" I said and punched in the code. I placed my ring inside and shut the door again. "Can we go now?" I asked.
"Sure but we have to change out of these if we're going to east philly" He said looking down at his button up shirt. I looked down at my pink chiffon blouse with its matching skirt.
"Most definitely" I laughed.