almost everything about me is you, haruto

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

'Coffee on an early Saturday morning is really a wrong idea' Jeongwoo thought while brewing his coffee.

He roamed his eyes around his kitchen and said,

'Memories, how can someone just easily forget and leave everything behind?'

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

A pile of books on the side of his windows, he remembered how he would softly comb the hair of the Japanese with his hand while the latter was getting immersed in 'Norwegian Wood', a novel by his favorite author Haruki Murakami smiling proudly saying how the author may have dedicated the book for him as he shares the same surname with the main character, Watanabe.

Jeongwoo would often hum lullabies to the latter, while fingers tracing soft skin of the Japanese face.

It was just a small corner on his unit and yet, has been filled with so many memories of him. Jeongwoo focused his attention on the coffee he was brewing when another memory flashed.

'Jeongwoo, Woo-yah' the Japanese would hug him from behind while gently calling his name.

He would always wake up with this same scene every Saturday morning. They both have all the time for each other by weekends and they would spend it by either going to the observatory as they share adoration for stars and the galaxies, more often at home; lazing around, books, Netflix, and coffees.

The Japanese would lean closer to his ears, with their hands intertwined, softly whispering 'As long as we have each other.'

Foolish; foolish of him to believe that everything good will last as it is.

'Woo-yah, I want a brewed coffee. I want your brewed coffee' the Japanese still hugging him from behind, with his face leaning on Jeongwoo's shoulder and would tickle him now and then.

'Disturb me more and this won't finish' chuckling, he faced the Japanese and gave a light flick on his forehead.

'Sit there and I'll serve your favorite' smiling, the Japanese obliged and let him do the rest of the work.

Jeongwoo snaps back from his thoughts and lets out a heavy sigh. He tried dating other people, but it was different from the Japanese. He took a sip of his coffee and with a small smirk, he said to himself,

'I never liked coffee, ironic how everything I do was influenced by you. Almost everything about me is you, Haruto'

A tear escaped from his eyes after remembering their small moments together. From the crumpled bed sheets where they had spent most of their night singing to old tunes, the texture of the blanket they knitted while exchanging the glimpse of their future together, even the smell of the fabric of his clothes, it was him, he still lives in his house even after the long absence the Japanese had in his life.

Jeongwoo got back to his senses when his friend, Jaehyuk phoned him.

'What is it?' he annoyingly asked his friend. The latter has been pestering him on going on cheap dates, he obliged on some arrangements, but he felt his heart still tearing apart whenever he tried allowing himself to do romance with other people.

'I met this guy whom I think is fit for you, I have set you up already and your date will be by 7 pm' his friend said excitedly leaving him confused, even almost spilling his coffee.

'What the fuck do you mean 7 pm? Today? I never agree and you've set me up already?' Jeongwoo said.

'Exactly, I've set you up because I know you wouldn't approve. Your meeting place would be at the observatory' Jaehyuk said with a teasing voice that made him mad.

'Jae, don't you know what a fucking consent means? You don't just set up people like that! This is the last time I swear I'm really ending what's left on our friendship' Jeongwoo ended the call and buried his face on the sofa.

'At the observatory, at 7 pm. Don't be late. I promised this will be the last time!' a text he received from Jaehyuk, he rolls his eyes and throws his phone on the sofa.

~~~