1 | The Inception

The cold breeze grazed her cheeks and shiver was sent down her spine. The hair on her skin stood, erected and she immediately closed the windows. Her eyes darted to the man who was chuckling with a 'I told you' look in his eyes. She smiled sheepishly at him and mouthed a sorry.

Dhruv gazed at her flawless soft face without a blink. She looked so cute to him the moment, especially her innocence filled magnificent eyes were becoming his addiction with the passing days. The fragrance of jasmine flowers that Dahini kept for the small Lord Ganesh in the car filled his nostrils. He fascinated what would be the scent of her long locks. He badly wanted to touch those midnight dark tresses.

"Look at the road and drive." Dahini said, glancing down, tint of scarlet adorned her cheeks and he wondered if it was due to the chilly climate or his gaze. He chose the side of the climate. Afterall, she had spoken to him rarely. It had been a week after their marriage; till now only he initiated a conversation and she would just answer his questions and would stay mum to the rest. Only today after they began their journey from Delhi, she spoke a little more than her usual.

Wait. She said something and Dhruv didn't hear it properly as he was lost in her cute little face and dark wine eyes. Also, it was really tough for him to perceive her words which were always in a low tone and calm; just like her. "Did you say something?" He asked, with his eyes at her, whose eyes were down at her lap and her fingers were fidgeting her shawl. He wondered what she saw there that she was gazing at it continuously. Dahini shook her head horizontally and the crimson darkened. She glanced outside suddenly, pretending to adore the nature that laid beside the car. Dhruv directed his concentration to the road again.

Dahini was really amazed by the beauty that laid before her. The huge mountains covered with dark green sheets and as it reached the peak, it turned white and clouds surrounded the tip like cotton candy. The sight was cooling her eyes with its enchanting view. Trees seemed to move behind them as they passed the scenery, forwarding towards further coldness.

Mussoorie.

A yellow withered board, rusted with the moist and oxygen around it, welcomed them with a title 'Mussoorie'. Dahini was caught with the board somehow and she was gazing at it continuously until it was out of vision. She fell in daze for next 10 minutes, nothing roaming in her mind; blank and empty.

She glanced at Dhruv as the vehicle stopped. Dhruv was out of car and was stretching his hands, tired from the long 6 hours drive. His back was facing Dahini and he turned and said, "Get out. A tea shop is here. We can continue our journey after some tea break."

Dahini nodded and got out. The moisture content outside was too much for her. Her nose became reddish and soon her whole face.

"Sweater is in back seat." Dhruv's voice made her startled and she found herself lost in something; something void and vacant.

Dahini put the purple sweater over her and she felt a bit warmer than before. Soon, her body adapted to the environment. She saw a tea stall 5 feet ahead them and they both strode towards it. Dahini rested herself on the wooden bench and Dhruv sat beside her.

His shoulder grazed hers slightly, causing both of them to shiver. The surrounding heated up, as the boiler in the stall. Both of their hearts raced with each other; fighting who was first in beating faster. Dhruv moved away; muttering a sorry which was not even heard by him.

Soon the tea arrived, Dahini held the glass close, relishing the heat. If she was given the same glass, in Delhi summer, she would surely screamed that it was so hot. But in the bleak climate of Mussoorie in winter made her love this hot tea. Dhruv glanced at Dahini through the corner of his eyes, her red nose caused her to look cuter than ever before.