Part 10

Karthik’s POV.
I glanced at my watch one more time. I did so again and again and again. I am growing more and more and more impatient as every minute is passing by.

Just as I am about to call Naira, my eyes land on a figure walking towards me. My lips curve into a perfect smile as I spot Naira walking from a distance . She smiles back at me.

Once she reaches, I pull her in a warm hug. “You look beautiful.” I whisper in her ears sending shivers down her spine. She pulls back. Her cheeks are rosy as she blushes at the compliment.

“Shall we ?!!” I asked putting my hand out. She links her hand with mine and we start walking down the street.

As we walk towards our destination,Naira looks at me lovingly. It’s making me feel more and more conscious, even though I like it when her eyes are on me.

“What ?!!” I ask Naira.
She shrugs. “Nothing.just.thank you.” She says.

“For what ?!!” I ask being totally confused.

“For coming into my life. For not leaving one chance to prove how much we love each other. For forgiving my big mistakes which I always regret. For accepting me the way I’m and for giving me so much respect. I love you.” Naira says with tears threatening to roll down her eyes.

I broke into a smile and wiped them off before they could roll down. “I should be the one, thanking you. You’re my jaan, Naira. You’re all I ever wanted. Whenever you’re here, by my side, holding my hand I feel like there’s nothing I have to achieve now. I just want you to know that I love you more than anything else in the world. We’ll be together, yeah ?!! Forever and always.” I explained my thoughts to her.

“Always.” She repeats my word as I pull her closer in a hug. We walked to the nearest mall to her house. Basically Naira had been complaining about how she missed london and she had to stay in India because of me. When I had asked her what did she miss the most. She had answered ‘snow’. Well here we were at the snow world. Afterall every wish of hers was my command.

“Are you sure you can skate ?!!” I asked Naira for a thousandth time. She noded her head vigorously, again. I am really scared of this whole ice-skating idea.

“Tie those laces, mendhak.” Naira said.I nod and tie the laces of my black skates.

“Are you ready ?!!” Naira asked excitedly. I am unsure, yet manage a slight nod.

“Don’t worry. You’re gonna be fine. well, unless the ice breaks and you fall in the freezing water. I hope you can swim being a mendhak.” Naira jokes. But unfortunately, it turns out to be very serious statement as I look on terrified.

“Can this happen ?!!” I ask. I am mortified at the moment. My eyes ready to pop out of their sockets. I just want to run away from the place. Naira laughs and shakes her head at my cute expression.

“No. That never happens. I was just pulling your leg.” She laughs. I roll my eyes and poke her shoulder. She can see the nervousness on my face. Clearly, I dont want to do this.

“Okay, just take a deep breath, alright ?!! Breath in. Breath out.” She comforts me first. I do as I am told.

“Okay. Good now. Rule number one. keep your legs steady. Do not change your direction unless you’re at the end or someone is coming between you.” Naira instructs. I nod.

“Rule number two.Pull all your weight on your feet. Just your feet.” She adds. I nod again.

“Good and don’t let go off my hand.” She says finally. I nod again and catch a hold of her hand. Naira smiles and gives my hand a little squeeze.