An Old Bear's Morning

The woods always looked so magical when the sun was out, it danced between the trees lighting new and undiscovered adventures, it gave the flowers a dazzling glow that could brighten anyone's day. On this particular day the sun beamed in through the window of a small cottage. The house stood in the middle of a clearing, surrounded by trees and a cobblestone path leading to the door. It was a dainty building, with a thatched roof and pale yellow walls. The rose bushes outside climbed up the sides of the cottage - desperately needing attending to - the lush green law was immaculate and the birds were chirping away in the stone bird bath that sat near the white picket fence. From passers by, this looked like the perfect house for a perfect family however, the family who lived here were far from perfect because they were a family of bears!

The sun shone through the small upstairs window of the cottage waking the eldest of the three bears. Papa Bear rolled onto his back yawning and rubbing his eyes as they adjusted to the small amount of light. He was always the first to wake, the sun his natural alarm clock, slowly getting out of bed he slid on his tired slippers and trudged down stairs to get the fresh milk he knew was left on the front step. Opening the door it was no surprise to Papa Bear when he spotted two full pints of milk and a jar of raspberry jam outside. Pushing a few ivy leafs - which grew around the door- out the way he bent down to pick up the jars, his back clicking as he did so. When Papa Bear had reentered the kitchen, he smiled at the sight before him. His wife and only cub were standing at the kitchen counter, Baby Bear was standing on the tips of his paws to watch as Mama Bear poured out oats for their daily breakfast of porridge. Papa bear padded over to the counter and placed the milk and jam next to the oats and said "Good morning," as he bent down to pick up his son, "here's the fresh delivery of milk and jam." Baby Bear wiggled and squirmed in his father's arms as he giggled, "Good morning Papa."

Papa Bear smiled before turning to his wife, " It's a beautiful day outside dear, why don't we go for a walk before breakfast?" he pondered.

"What a wonderful idea, the porridge needs to cool down for a bit anyway," Mama Bear replied " you go find the hats and my bag, while Baby Bear and I finish dishing the porridge so it's ready for when we get back." Papa bear nodded and swiftly turned to look for the clothing. He opened the antique wardrobe and began to dig around for the family's spring hats. A little while later Papa Bear finally found the hats and Mama Bear's bag, during his search Papa Bear had also come across: a pocket watch, a book on the different types of insects, a toy boat and one of Baby bears stuffed dinosaurs which he placed on his newly made bed. After putting everything back in the wardrobe, with hats and bags in hand Papa Bear made his way back to the kitchen.