An Old Bear's Feeling

After an hour or so the bears returned home, the door slightly ajar. The lingering scent of porridge was still in the air but Papa Bear sensed something was off. An uneasy feeling fell over him as he entered their brightly lit kitchen, brushing it off Papa bear sat down at his large bowl of porridge ready for breakfast. He stared down at the bowl with wide eyes, there was a spoonful missing. "Someone has eaten my porridge." he muttered shock still written on his face.

"What did you say dear?" Mama bear asked, helping Baby bear take off his hat.

"Someone has eaten my porridge!" Papa Bear boomed. He quickly looked over at his wife's bowl and growled "And someone has eaten yours too!" Papa Bear was so wrapped up in his thoughts he almost missed the sniffle from Baby Bear.

"They ate all my porridge." he cried, his mother rushed over to comfort him. Papa Bear no longer ignored the uneasy feeling around him and allowed it to lead him upstairs to the bedroom. Entering the room Mama and Baby Bear in tow, Papa Bear growled at the sight of a dent in his bed - his anger building - and bellowed " Someone slept in my bed!"

" Mine too!" Mama Bear shrieked, Papa Bear's paws balled into fists.

His cub squealed "Someone slept in my bed and they are still here." After hearing this Papa Bear stomped over, his blood threatening to boil over, to see a young girl curled up in his son's bed cuddling his dinosaur teddy. Without thinking Papa bear growled as loud as he could startling the little girl awake, she screamed and ran out of the room. The last thing the three bears saw was a mess of golden curls running off into the woods. Papa Bear chuckled and picked up the dropped dinosaur giving it to Baby Bear, "I don't think we will be seeing her for a long time."