CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

NAMI CHANGED to a more comfortable set of clothes from the boutique Law had apport her and Robin for a while. Considering the circumstances, she decided to take the ones resembling the same colour scheme as the owner of the shop; red and white. Robin also did the same, but more on white than red. The whole place smelled like sweets, Nami thought as she gazed upon the paying archaeologist by the counter. They also took new outfits for everybody, even for Ace, so they would blend in...that is if they find one another soon.

"We're good to go," Robin exclaimed and Law apport the three of them to the Sunny.

On the floor lied a yawning Roronoa Zoro. He caught the paperbag which Nami chucked at him and peeked inside it. "The hell is this?"

"Clothes,"

"Thanks, but -"

Nami pouted. "No 'buts'. You have to wear them."

"Tch,"

Luffy then leaped in front of Nami. "Do I get to have one?"

"I think Robin has yours,"

Luffy was visibly dismayed, for his smiled turned to a straight line. Nami and Zoro noticed it but they decided not to ask why. "You have Zoro's but don't have mine?"

Nami blinked. "Uh, what?"

"Nothing," Luffy ran up to Robin and she happily handed him a paperbag, before he could head to the men's quarters to change.

Nami blinked. What's wrong with him?

And it wasn't long until she decided to plan along with Law, who was visibly not liking the new stretch of garment on his body. Robin was quietly thinking of ways for them to find everybody else without losing anyone e.g Zoro. As for the latter, he was comfortably sitting down on the foremast as he listened to whatever Nami and Law got to say.

"Assuming that everybody else is in this island," Law started with his arms folded across his chest. "it won't be long until they find their way to the ship."

Nami breathed. "But if they're not, we have to leave the island as soon as possible."

"Question!" Ace raised his hand and received a nod from Law. "By 'we', does that mean you're including me?"

"Probably, if you won't object."

Ace raised a thumbs up before silencing himself, all ears to the two once more, as he raised his hand for the second time. "If you want to move around the island, you might wanna use this..." he brought out a Looking Glass from his backpack and showed it to the others. It was a lot bigger than the normal hand mirror sized ones, and Robin deduced that it could teleport more people.

"I remember Mistress Alvida telling me something about Looking Glasses..." Nami cupped her chin. "the bigger the glass, the more precise location it would take you to."

And that was exactly the purpose of the mirror Ace handed them. With its glimmering surface, travel would be a lot easier if and only if they knew hwere they were going. A thing that nobody would get, given that they only winded up in the same island by luck.

"So what's the probability of you all being here?" Ace asked Law. Everybody else was doing their own thing; Nami trying to figure out how the Log Pose worked, Robin overlooking the surroundings, Zoro taking a quick nap in the distance, and Luffy lying down calmly at the head of the Sunny.

"Not much,"

Nami overheard Ace and Law talk, looking past the window in her room. Lights softly danced against the platforms inside the room, casting a dim shadow overhead. The orange haired navigator leaned her back against the seat, stretching her arms up, and shifting her gaze to an emoty panel on the window. Seeing that she stood up and headed for the door.

Her instinct told her to go to the Sunny's head, where the raven haired boy laid on his back.

"Hey Luffy,"

The boy lifted his head to look at her, though recognising her voice fully. "Oh, Nami."

The tone of his voice made her heart crack a bit, for she expected him to greet her with a flashy smile and not a cold greeting. Nevertheless she forced her own smile and leaned on the rails.

"Is something the matter?" Luffy aksed her, making her snap her neck to turn to him.

"N-No, I was just...I was just meaning to talk to you."

"What? Why?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Sorry about earlier."

Luffy blinked and remained silent.

"Mistress told me something about destiny," she started, fidgeting on the Log Pose around her left wrist. "a logical person will always follow theirs."

"The hell are you talking about?"

Nami's veins twitched as she resisted the urge to strangle Luffy because of his ignorance. "What I'm saying is...we all have a choice."

"I still have no idea what you're talking about,"

The redhead grunted. "Nevermind."

Of course, Luffy wouldn't get it. All she wanted to tell him was that everybody had the freedom to choose whichever path they want. Thinking all that, Nami recalled the actions Luffy were making – from recruiting her and the others, to literally planning to take down the queen – and realised what his dream was.

Choice. A six letter word that once made mistress go all out on her. Nami was never given the freedom of choice in the first place, and her being locked in that tower for a long time was simply an analogy. She may have a bit of freedom but with her dream, to draw a map of the entire land (or world even), being contained in a helpless room was not suitable.

"Is that them?!" Ace pointed to the woods where figures came running away from, what it seemed, a beast.

Robin instantly recognised who those figures were, and in an instant, crossed her arms over her chest upon seeing the thing chasing after them. "Hurry!" she exclaimed as Zoro took the initiative to drop the rope ladder. Soon, everybody was on board except for Sanji who decided to tame the beast. For lunch.

===

A/N: Hello! Sorry for the multiple updates on this chapter. It's just ideas came popping to my head right after I published it, so I decided to materialise those stuff. Now then, I think Book 5 will be the final part of this story since everything's going together even if we can't see it. I'll also add a few chapters on the antagonist's perspective, to give y'all a hint of what's going on. If you read the poorly written poems before each 'Book', I'd say it's easier for you to track down the story.

P.S. It took me forever to update this story because I had trouble getting ideas and I have school. Also, I've recently been freaking out about the latest chapter of One Piece! If you know, you know.