CHAPTER FORTY TWO

"PREPARE EVERYTHING AT ONCE,"

The queen, Catarina Devon, ordered her 'disciples' with full might, a sly smile present on her fearsome face. She was satisfied with the turn of events but what she was waiting for was beyond satiating; anytime now, her 'navigator' would arrive at the island and her plan will be finally complete. Not that the girl had her choice, for her destiny was already rewritten.

Prior to Devon's arrival at Oz was the small meeting between her and her main subordinates where she told them everything that was going to happen. Of course, every single thing involved Nami whom she was hellbent on getting back. If only it wasn't because of a certain straw hat, Nami's talent would be all hers to use.

"Project Cat Burglar is ready to commence, Your Highness!" one of the men exclaimed, earning a hearty laugh from Devon.

"Good...and stop giving stupid nicknames to my plan,"

"My apologies, Your Highness."

Devon chuckled once more, "Don't worry about it. Well then, shall we begin?"

Oz was now ruled by a makeshift allaince with its own ruler and Devon, though the latter made it so her actions were more deliberate and firm. In short, she had control over the entire land. She could do whatever she wanted like a Joker card; hinting her own devil fruit ability.

She took the glass case from one part of the room. It contained a weird looking apple which possessed cheap-looking spots all over it. Devon called it a SMILE, and in fact there were more of those produced. The problem was, right when a certain straw hat boy destroyed the tower, the production of the fruits halted for some reason. And she hated thinking about it. All she had was one product. One SMILE for her plan.

"With just one bite, dreams will come true..." she palmed the fruit itself. "well, that is if she chooses this path."

The man earlier hummed, causing Devon to resume.

"A person longing for freedom doesn't deserve a thing called 'destiny'. My navigator was taken away and she loves it. Now, how bad would she feel when she finds out that everybody's not on the same page anymore?"

A nameless story – Devon's newly found nickname for Nami's 'destiny'. Devon knew that everything goes along with fate and Nami's fate was to draw maps for her all her life. Now that she's broken out of her tower, that destiny was now void.

But, of course, even a nameless story such as Nami's deserves a little more action, right?

"Nami has always been a weakling. She's nothing but brains and beauty. Oh, that's another thing to keep in mind." she huffed.

"Your Highness," another man called from the door. "we have reported sightings of the Strawhats."

A grin stretched across her lips. The plan was now in motion and there was no turning back.

On the wall was the mirror she had thrown away to Wonderland a few years back. She never like mirrors, that's why. But considering the exchange of seeing her own reflection on a rather lustrous surface, maybe having a mirror was not so bad at all. Especially when it was not a normal mirror at all.

She touched the mirror with her hand, focusing on what she wanted to happen. A spinning wheel emerged inside, but it was actually in a certain location only she knew about. With the use of her knowledge on magic mirrors, Looking Glasses, and the Miraworld itself thanks to Brûlée's help, it was almost as if she was capable of having her own share of the witch's devil fruit ability.

"A hundred year nap wouldn't be so bad, right?" she chuckled once more. "I bet Nami's tired from running away."

The mirrors in the Sunny glew bright for a while. Devon had her eyes on the  interior of the Strawhats' ship but she couldn't see Nami. She almost wanted to slip herself to thr Miraworld and travel via mirrors to grab Nami and run but she had to wait. She had a fully-thought plan, after all.

Suddenly, the orange haired girl's face emerged in the surface. Devon smirked, knowing of what she was going to do.

"Hello my dear,"

Nami, from the other side of the mirror, looked up and squealed.

"Don't be scared. I'm just here to show you something. You wanted to go to Oz, right? Consider me as your...guide."

"What? Who are you?"

"I'm...the guardian spirit of the Miraworld." even for Devon, that statement was full nonsense, she even cringed at herself for saying it.

"What?"

"Touch the glass and I'll show you what I'm talking about,"

The girl hesitated at first but she did so. Somehow, Devon managed to give her mind a 'workout' by flashing images of a spotted apple and a spinning wheel. Nami tried to catch her breath as soon as she bounced back to reality, immediately running outside the room.

"See you soon, Nami."