The power of control

Hello! It's been a long time since I've posted anything on here but i was going through my google docs and found this unfinished story which I finished up last night. I also found another shorter one that was finished which I hadn't posted either. Anyways, if the end seems a little rushed I apologize because I wrote it half asleep.

Ok! Hope you enjoy :)
TW: Manipulation, mentions of beheading, mentions of trauma, nightmare
————————
When you're living in a house with 6 women who have some nasty past together, fights and squabbles aren't an uncommon thing.

The first month and a half of living together was a major adjustment period. Old grudges made their way to the surface resulting in a lot of screaming matches that would shake the foundation of their household.

More often than not the arguing pair was Catherine of Aragon and Anne Boleyn. They had 7 years of unfortunate history, no one thought they would work past it.

Eventually after months of ignoring each other, name calling, insults being thrown, and constant bickering, they agreed to be civil and put their past behind them in order to move on with their second chance.

Everyone who knew them thought that would be it. They would be civil, not friends just acquaintances.

Boy were they wrong.

Everyone became aware there was a mother daughter duo in the group. Jane was in need of someone to look after, and Katherine- being as young as she is- desperately craved a loving maternal figure.

But it seems to be constantly forgotten that Catherine herself had a daughter and had quite the maternal knack herself.

----------------------------

One night around 3 months into their new lives, Catherine and Anne found themselves home with none of the other queens around. The first beheaded queen had developed a nasty cold and it was the Spanish queens night off.

Catherine had decided to spend her time downstairs on the couch flipping through the channels to see if anything good was on.

Anne had fallen into a fitful sleep upstairs in her attic bedroom. She had had nightmares occasionally since her reincarnation, but with her sickness they seemed to come back full force.

When she decided she had had enough of the television, Catherine ventured upstairs to grab a book, or something to distract herself until Anne woke up or the others returned.

As she made her way to her room, Catherine heard a small whimper. She paused but the sound didn't come again so she continued to her room. When she got to her door she heard a faint "no, please don't hurt me."

Anne

She quickly climbed the stairs and opened the attic door. Catherine was met with the younger queen thrashing around on the bed, seemingly caught in a nightmare. As the Spanish queen made her way over to the bed, Anne rolled right off the bed with a loud thud, landing directly at her feet.

The impact seemed to wake the girl, who immediately rolled up in a ball, not recognizing the figure looming over her wasn't going to do any harm.

Anne looked so young clad in mint green pajamas, her hair was a frizzy waterfall down her back, a few strands loose and covering her face. She looked up slightly and the older woman was met with her wide, frightened eyes, swollen and full of tears staring back at her.

Catherines maternal instincts kicked in when she saw the terror ridden look on the girls face and immediately stepped back and made herself as unintimidating as possible by crouching down to the floor.