Part 2

She sat on the sofa, while he sat on the single seater, his black overcoat resting on its back. She had turned on the AC and the lights. She had showed him the 'good washroom' in the apartment.

She was thankful she hadn't finished her supply the previous day as she looked at the table where a plate of cookies sat idle. But now, there was silence. Both awkwardly smiled at each other from time to time.

Am I staring at him? She wondered.

But I can't not look at him either. He'll think I dont like him. But I can't look at him, because he'll think I'm creepy. Shit. What do I do?

"When are your parents returning?" Her train of thoughts were broken by his sudden query.

"Hmm?" She looked at him and replied with another awkward smile, "Oh. I lied. I live alone. I thought you might be a serial killer."

He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at his watch. He asked, "At 11 in the morning?"

"This country is not safe unlike what you think," she shook her head.

"Speaking of which," she continued, "What are you doing here? In our country? Are you alone or are there other members too?"

Good going at not being creepy. She scolded herself.

"I was just back packing through the country. I have always wanted to experience the culture and traditions here. And no, I'm alone," Namjoon replied.

"Is that safe?" She asked.

"Up until now, things have been going well. My charger breaking was the only issue," he replied.

"Did Bighit really allow you to travel solo? Why didn't you buy another charger? Did no one recognize you?" She asked a load of questions again.

"The company does allow us free occasionally. People did find me weird. Tall guy wearing full black, walking around is pretty weird. But no, no one really noticed it was me," he smiled showing off his dimples again.

From a good korean restaurant she knew in town, she ordered food for the both of them. There was some error in payment which she assured him, that she'll deal with later. He was thankful for her hospitality but cringed the moment he kept the Japchae she had ordered, in his mouth. "It's not exactly korean," he said.

"I can understand, its our version of korean food probably," she replied with an awkward smile.

"You can sleep for a while if you want. I have an extra bedroom," she told him after lunch.

I was wrong. That's the creepiest thing I have ever said in my life. She thought, mentally kicking herself.

"No, I'm good. Thankyou though," he said as he walked to the living room. After she disposed off the packaging of the food, she walk into the living room and found him relaxing. Both feet up on the table, he rested his head on the back of the sofa, as he checked something in his phone.

His bare face and messy hair, long legs, long fingers that held his phone, the concentration with which he read whatever his screen held, it all seemed beautiful to her.

"Had it charged fully?" She asked as she sat on one of the single seaters.

"Umm no. But I wanted to see if I have missed anything. Looks like Yoongi hyung posted something. A selca," he replied.

"Yeah he did!" She said.

"And Jin hyung did a Vlive again. Even Jungkook had posted some video," he said again.

"Yeah," she agreed.

He looked at her and saw her looking somewhere away, lost in thoughts. He stood up, put his phone back to charging and sat back on the sofa.

"So tell me about yourself. What do you do?" He asked, striking a conversation. She smiled at his sudden interest and replied, "I am an interior designer. I work in a designing firm, here in town."

"And your parents?" He asked.

He noticed her face lose its light as soon as they were mentioned. "Do they live away?" He asked again.

"Yeah. They live abroad," she replied in a sad tone.

"Then why aren't you going abroad, to live with them?" He asked again.

She contemplated on whether to tell him the truth. He was a stranger after all. But then again, she wondered, what could be the harm in telling him? He was a stranger after all.

"My parents have separated. They have their own lives now. They were supposed to visit me next week, but my mum cancelled," she said as she took her phone from the table.

She opened a text she had gotten minutes before his arrival. She showed him the text which read, 'I'm so sorry baby. I'll try to come next month.'

"That's from my mom."

Namjoon listened to her as he returned her phone.

"You know, I havent seen my parents in 5 years? They had separated when I was 8 years old. I haven't lived with them ever since. My grandparents raised me until I was old enough to move out. My parents and I, we may have met about six times after that. But not more," she added.

He watched her sulking self in the sofa and said with a sigh, "I haven't seen my parents much either too, after I joined Bighit. Maybe twice a year. Sometimes, not even that much. Though I dont exactly know how you feel, I know what it means to miss them."

She smiled at his words and said, "One of the things that made you my bias was that you followed your dreams no matter what. I really respect that. My parents are so critical and I have tried so hard to satisfy them, to make them proud of me, hoping that they'd return once they see how much good a kid I am; how hard I work. I have sacrificed my dreams and did whatever they wished for me to do. But life doesn't always go the way we plan."

Namjoon listened to her and said, "I know what you mean. My mother had destroyed my computer so that I'd concentrate on studies more. I too wanted to make them proud, but I also wished to be happy by following my dreams." She nodded as he spoke. Being an army, she knew his story.

"So if you are putting aside a dream, go for it. I'm sure your parents will be supportive," he said.

After a moment of silence, he asked, "So I'm your bias?"

She smiled awkwardly and looked at him while he was enjoying her reaction as he chuckled.