Smith and Jones

Morgan winced as she stood, but she was forcing herself to get up and move around as often as possible. She played with Diana frequently, picking her up, and carrying her and never letting Diana know it hurt her to do it.

Morgan was getting up this time to answer the door. We heard the truck. We knew who it was. No one at the house made any attempt to stop her from doing things like this. Jessica watched for over-extending all the time, but so far had never stopped her from doing anything. Morgan knew her limits, and while she pushed them, she did not go too far.

The knock came at the door, and Morgan opened it. "Hello, agents. Please come in. Have a seat." Morgan invited with an inward wave.

Waiting in the Living Room were Helen, Jessica, and Diana. I was pouring tea in the kitchen. As the agents sat, I gave each a large glass, unasked. They liked it last time, so I assumed they would time.

Morgan, still standing, introduced agents 'Smith' and 'Jones' to Jessica, who had not met them on their last visit due to the fact we were hiding her pregnancy. Last time they had not known Morgan is a Vampire, so their agency's knowledge of Vampires while deep, it is not perfect.

"Jessica, these are Agents Smith" she indicated the woman, "And Jones." She indicated the man. "From the clandestine US Government agency that studies Vampires."

Morgan gave me a glance and I read it as 'I am going to find out who these people really are.'

Jessica nodded at the intro and made one of her own. "Agents. That little bundle of joy is our baby, Diana." Diana was toddling around and had stopped to look at the new people. Diana is not shy.

Jones grinned, and told Diana "You are the most curious and brave little one I have ever met."

Jessica prompted Diana "Say Hi, Diana."

Diana grinned, said "Hi, Man."

This is a Diana thing. If she does not know your name, she just identifies you by your apparent gender.

Smith, watching that exchange. "You are the cutest!"

Diana looked over and said to her: "Hi, Lady."

Smith looked at Jessica, and asked "How old is she?" in amazed tones.

Morgan answered "Just over a year, and she gets that question frequently. World's smartest and most adorable baby."

Jessica flicked a finger at Morgan. "What she said. She forgot 'happiest' though."

Morgan sat in the most comfortable chair because we always saved that for her whether she likes it or not. "Come sit with me, Love." Morgan sat, and Diana zoomed to her legs and started trying to climb them.

"Mommy." Diana said.

Smith and Jones tried not to look at each other and failed miserably, so I rescued them. "Diana has a lot of Moms. Our human friend Lori, who lives out back with Danny? She's Mommy. Morgan's assistant, Angel, is 'Mommy'. These three here though are her full time, never let her feet touch the floor, kiss her face all the time, change her diaper, read to her every day, etc, Moms. They compete. PS: I do all that too."

Helen thought that was funny. "All I have to do to spend time with my daughter is pry her away from Morgan."

Smith watched Diana turn, and get seated on Morgan's lap, like she was a big girl, and going to be part of this conversation. "Anyone that thinks Vampires are evil, which is the HPA, not us, needs to see this. So cute. As you said, Jessica, so happy. Clearly surrounded by love. Secure."

"So, Agents. What can we help you with today?" Helen prompted, ready to move on to the main topic. "Not that we mind talking about Diana for hours of course."