Chapter 2: An Encounter

"COME ON OUT!! WE KNOW YOU'RE HERE!!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. "COME ON OUT, UNLESS YOU'RE AFRAID-"

"Shut up!" Yoru whispered strictly at me. "If you're not quite, the enemy will locate us before we locate them. Plus, they aren't going to come out just because we ask them to!"

"No wonder she's no good at espionage missions. She can't get it through her thick head that she has to be stealthy," Okami insulted me.

"Oh, we'll just see whose not good at espionage missions you little-" I started as loud as possible.

"My point exactly," Okami cut me off.

"Guys, what did we just say?" Yoru asked calmly, holding us hostage with more shadow clones holding kunai.

"I'll be quite," I conceded.

"Thank you. Now, let's see if we can try to find them, without being loud and obnoxious," Yoru stated towards me as he released Okami and I from our helpless position, "and without provoking anyone to be loud and obnoxious." He finished, looking Okami in the eyes. "I know the ninja are near us, I just need to find out how close and how many, although I can already tell there are a lot," He said as he made a shadow clone. "You go scout the area. Find those Takigakure ninja." The clone nodded and jumped through the trees, searching for his target.

"So now, we play a waiting game," I stated, bored out of my wits. "Better get comfortable, this might take a while." I sat down on the branch of the tree we were standing in.

"Well, we can't just do nothing!" Okami protested.

"He's right. We need a plan," Yoru agreed.

"Ok. I've got one. Send me down there and I'll kick their butts. Simple enough, right?" I suggested.

"Like that will work. I should go down there and kick their butts. That should let us complete our mission fast, since it won't take long. About ten minutes tops," Okami claimed.

"No! You two are a real pain! We need a real plan. One that won't result in someone from team 13 getting killed. We still don't know how many are in the area. We need something they won't expect. The element of surprise is a ninja's best friend in combat." Yoru started. He is the strategist on our team. He is best at long range Jutsu and Genjutsu. Okami has a high sense of smell and hearing so he can easily track enemy shinobi. He has also taken the position of our medical ninja on our team. Hikari and Kurai, his two summoning animals, help in the healing process. Kurai helps heal physical wounds while Hikari will help heal mental damage or allies under Genjutsu. His strong suit is close combat. I'm the heavy hitter of the team, knowing Fire, Water, Lighting, and Wind style Jutsu. Earth style Jutsu still eludes my abilities. I can attack from almost every range with deadly accuracy.

Yoru continued, "So let's see what we have to work with. Everyone put all the weapons you have in a pile depending what weapon it is. The kunais go in a pile over here, shuriken over there, and anything else we have on us right now goes over here." I pulled out all my weapons, including my two chakra blades, ten paper bombs, three flash bombs, one demon wind shuriken, four kunai, a pack of food pills, thirty senbon, fifteen with poison, fifteen without poison, ten shuriken, seven smoke bombs, and about forty yards of wire. Okami pulled out a pack of food pills, two kunai, ten shuriken, three paper bombs, two flash bombs, ten senbon with poison, a smoke bomb filled with sleeping gas, one kunai blade, and twenty yards of wire. Yoru added his eight kunai, ten shuriken, forty senbon, half with poison, fifteen paper bombs, five flash bombs,  one pack of food pills, three smoke bombs, thirty yards of wire and his chain-sickle. All together, (for people too lazy to do the math, which would usually include myself) we had twenty-eight paper bombs, ten flash bombs, fourteen kunai, three packs of food pills, forty-five poisoned senbon, twenty-five senbon without poison, thirty shuriken, ten smoke bombs, one smoke bomb filed with sleeping gas, ninety yards of wire, two chakra blades, one demon wind shuriken, one kunai blade, and one chain-sickle.