21 - Familiarity

You cried and cried, even as a medic was brought in, wrapping your eyes with gauze and bandages as Aizawa's firm grip never left your wrists.

They cleaned up your hands and called in recovery girl. You were beginning to tire, your quirk having been activated by your gouged eyes.

With a kiss from recovery girl, the the aid of your activated quirk, your eyes seemed to be healed besides a bit of cuts that needed to stay closed, so you could open your eyes for about four weeks.

The cops insisted on giving you a straight jacket and you adamantly refused, shaking your head vigorously.

They were about to force it onto you when Aizawa told them to back off. Your hands rubbed your arms on either side and your knees were pulled to your chest.

You still felt cold and your body randomly shuddered as you sat quietly on the shag rug of your cell.

You were offered some kind and reassuring words from the usually unconcerned teacher before you were left alone for the night.

The night was tiring, you were unable to sleep again, trying in vain to get comfortable only to fail and sit up against the cold wall.

"What have I done." You whispered to yourself as a hallow feeling took place in your chest.

The next morning as the cell brightened from behind your bandages, you had no appetite for the cold soup that had been slid to you from the door.

So you opted out of eating, your stomach to upset for you to even want to try. Hours past and you had shoved the cold bowl of soup to the corner of the room as you laid on your back, hips to the side and arms resting above your head.

You tried to imagine what the sunlight looked like atop the concrete ceiling during that time, not that you had any idea what time of day it was to even assume.

The clanking of metal alerted you to the opening of your cell door and you turned your head in the direction of the door instinctively.

"Y/n, I've brought someone with me today." The familiar voice of Aizawa spoke up.

You turned your chest go the same side your legs faced and slowly sat up in the general direction they should be in.

Tilting your head you spoke.

"Who?"

You head someone breath out as it to steady themselves and then the sound of them approaching, stopping in front of you.

The air shifted and you could feel the heat of someone in front of you. It was quiet for a while, obviously the person was searching for the right words.

You lifted a hand and felt around for the mysterious person, coming in contact with the recognizable fabric of a shirt, a stiff body underneath it.

Traveling up you came into contact wit soft flesh and you felt around a bit before something clicked.

Quickly, you pulled back your hand and leaned away.

"I-Izuku?"

He seemed to breathe a sigh of relief, "Sorry, I should've come sooner but I couldn't think of what to say to you."

"Why are you here?" You questioned suspiciously.

"Aizawa-sensei told me a few things and so I decided to come to you and figure out how I actually feel about you." He replied with a nervous tone.

You lowered your head and scooted away some more.

"You should be here. I betrayed you, helped the league to kidnap Bakugou." You muttered darkly.

"Yea," he breathed, sounding disappointed, "I know."

You bit your lip and curled your fingers inward to fists.

"So why did you come? You should've just left me here to rot. No one would've blamed you." You spoke.

"I suppose, but that wouldn't be right. And now I know how I feel about you at least." He chuckled dryly.

You perked up a bit, ready for harsh words or for him to say that he never wanted to lay eyes on you again.

Placing your arms in front of yourself you tilted your head forward.

"And how's that?" You asked, just above a whisper, the question making you anticipate the answer which was teetering on the edge of being revealed.

"I can forgive you."