Participants' Rules and Requirements

As every good writing contest, the Sunrise Awards have rules and regulations. Yes, awful, ugly rules that keep us in line and that you have to follow unless you want to be reported 80 times by the host. (JK, but seriously, don't break the rules.) And don't try to be sneaky — we will find you. Yes, that was a threat.

Here they are!

1. Your book must have less than 5K reads. Remember, this is for discovering new and unknown stories, not ones that are already popular.

2. You can enter three books into the whole award, but only one per genre/category.

3. The book must be in English. Password is your favorite time of day. I'm sorry, but I can't read Latin, and I'm sure it'll be hard to find someone who can speak Latin and English and is willing to judge my contest. Well, there's always Lulu from 3rd grade...

4. No bribing the judges! Need I explain this one?

5. Your book must have at least 5 chapters — real chapters. Castings, prologues, intros, and A/Ns don't count. Short stories and poetry should have at least three chapters published.

6. Be kind and respectful. If you are rude or hurtful, you will be disqualified. If you are being treated rudely or being attacked by another participant, inform us immediately.

7. Inform us if you change the name of your book or username, or else you'll be disqualified since we won't be able to find your book.

8. Give a shout-out of this book and add it to your public reading list on your profile for publicity. Add it to your library to get all notifications and updates.

9. Add #TheSunriseAwards in your tags.

10. Follow this account.

12. Follow @aspiring_author365 and @flaminhotfrog, the two hosts.

14. Follow your assigned judge, once you know who it is. They will be working very hard to get your stories noticed, it's the least you could do!

Note: Deadline for turning in your form is July 31st, AKA the legendary birthday of Harry Potter and Neville Longbottom.

Lots of luck, lots of love,

The Sunrise Community

"Every sunrise gives you a new beginning and a new ending. Let this morning be a new beginning to a better relationship and a new ending to the bad memories. It's an opportunity to enjoy life, breathe freely, think and love. Be grateful for this beautiful day." — Norton Juster