26. Warm

Jungkook stares at namjoon, eyes wide. "W-What?", he stutters out, unable to comprehend his husband's words. "I---", namjoon hiccups. "I love my husband".

Jungkook is at a loss of words. He's shocked to say the least. He doesn't want to accept that whatever's happening is real. Maybe it's just his mind playing games with him? But then again, namjoon is the drunk one, not jungkook.

"You're drunk, hyung. Don't say things you don't mean", Jungkook mutters even as he knows that there's no way namjoon would lie about something like that. After all, drunk words are sober thoughts. Aren't they?

"S-Shut up", Namjoon slurs, glaring at jungkook with a pout resting on his lips. Despite the heavy tension in the air, jungkook can't help but chuckle. His husband is trying so hard to be intimidating but he just looks unbelievably adorable, if anything.

Jungkook approaches the man slowly, but just as he tries to sit on the bed, namjoon whines, making him flinch. "N-No! I wan' my b-bunny", he cries, small tears collecting in the corner of his eyes.

"Bunny?", jungkook says confusedly, tilting his head to the side. Can it perhaps be a plushie? A toy he likes? There are so many possibilities and jungkook is perplexed to say the least.

"Bunny!", namjoon wails dramatically, throwing a tantrum. Jungkook giggles. The older looks a lot like a toddler who just got denied of the toy he so badly wanted.

"What bunny?", he tries asking. Though he isn't sure he'll get a proper answer because namjoon is way too drunk to give a rational answer.

"Kookie", namjoon whispers. Oh. Jungkook is so endeared. Namjoon was referring to him when he said he wanted his bunny. "I'm right here", he says, frowning a bit.

"Not you", namjoon whines for the nth time. "Jungkookie", he explains, as if that will change anything. "I'm jungkook", Jungkook states dumbly. His name has always been jungkook. Is he not...? He shakes his head aggressively. He may be going crazy.

"Liar!", namjoon shouts, throwing a pillow towards the man. What the hell? How can this weird stranger be his sweet, lovely Jungkookie? That can't be true.

Jungkook tackles the pillow with his right arm, looking mortified. How the hell is he gonna get namjoon to sleep with his shoes and jacket off when he doesn't even recognize him?

Just then, an idea pops into his mind. "Okay, wait. Lemme call Jungkookie. He'll come get you", he says, smiling bashfully. Jeon--- Kim Jungkook, the second smartest man on this planet. First is of course, Kim Namjoon.

Namjoon snaps his head towards him, with big round eyes. "You--- You'd do that?", he questions. His words are tangled together. However, Jungkook understands him.

"Of course!", he cheers happily. The way namjoon smiles has Jungkook's heart in shambles. His stomach flips with butterflies swarming the inside with their soft wings.

"Okay", Namjoon says, a small, relieved smile on his lips as he sits back happily, clutching a pillow in his arms.

Jungkook whips out his phone from the back of his pocket and acts as if he's dialing a number. Namjoon watches him intently, clearly eager. "Hello?", Jungkook starts acting. "Is this perhaps Kim Jungkook?", he asks, willing himself not to laugh.

"Yeah, your husband is here. Oh, you were worried about him?", jungkook feigns concern and looks at namjoon who stares back with surprise. Oh, no, Jungkookie must be so worried!

"Yes, he's with me. You're outside? Okay, I'm coming to get you", jungkook says and 'hangs' the call. He looks at namjoon with a mock cheerfulness lacing his tone. "He's outside!", he exclaims.