*23*

Diya looked at Karan and smiled and he did the same. They were in a canteen seated opposite to each other. But then the consequences of bad timing came into effect.

Diya was almost ready to hit the person who snaked their arms across her shoulder. “Woah... You got too fast reflexes sweetheart” Sanskar chuckled and she stopped her hand in midway. Diya fumed dragging her hand back. She was about to make him hear her stupendous vocabulary if it was not for the next voice which dragged all their attention.

“Hey” Ragini sat beside Karan giving him a smile and then hugged him making Diya choke on air. “You're okay princess?” Sanskar patted her back concerned. Diya felt the fake concern through the intensity of those pats when her coughs went on increasing.

Karan who was all nervous and sweating looked at Diya. She narrowed her eyes and he could only smile sheepishly at her. Sanskar folded his lips controlling the thundering laugh which threatened to leave.

Biting his cheek he looked at Ragini impressed that she was right when she said it would be fun. She smiled at him careful enough to not reveal her expression to either Karan or Diya.

“Ow.. What happened?” she looked at her sister. “Um... nothing” Diya smiled after her coughs subsided. “Actually Karan” Ragini turned to him and he unwillingly looked back at her.

“I wanted to apologize that I could not attend the semi formals. I am sorry you have to be there without a date” she deepened her eyes and Karan nodded his head in a manner that he forgave her. 'I am sorry Ragini. I am playing this game with you. I am dying to tell you that I had been to semi formals with your sister and she is the one I really like. But your devil twin isn't letting me to do that' he thought in his mind.

“It's okay Ragini. No problem” he finally spoke. “I don't like it when you call me by my name” she pouted. He narrowed his eyebrows confused. “Then what do you want me to call you?” he asked confused. “I would have told cotton candy face....” she cheerfully looked forward. “But you always call me Sunshine right. I will manage with that also” she spoke innocently.

Karan had to fight the shiver which ran down his spine. He gave a side glance at Diya who tightened her hold on the fork and he smiled weakly at Ragini gulping down the lump.

“Oh okay..” he spoke in shrilly voice which made Ragini and Sanskar to fight the laughter in their throat. He was more than panicked.

“And to compensate for that how about we go on a date today evening?” Ragini bent her head smiling. “You can't” Diya interrupted banging the fork on the table making everyone jump in their seats. Karan sighed when he realized Diya saved him.

“Why not?” Ragini smirked turning to Diya. “Oh don't feel so bad about it darling. We will be going on a date too” Sanskar spoke before Diya can reply.

“I am not feeling sad that she is going on a date. And who gave you the idea that I am gonna go with you on a date?” she asked crossing her arms. 'Burn twin sister burn' Ragini spoke in her mind folding her lips.

“Why should I not get the idea when we are officially together?” Sanskar shrugged his shoulder. “Are you nuts?” Diya pointed her brain and looked around. “Don't you know the rules. If Mr. Fryer heard you then Mr. Professor be ready to lose your job” she mocked at him.

“Oh you don't worry about it dear. I have spoken to Mr. Fryer. He is okay as far as I am not teaching the student I am dating” he smiled. “But you are still teaching me” she said and her face was twisted in confusion.

“Your old math teacher is back and I have been shifted to statistics department” he smiled at her. “How? You are a math professor aren't you?” she scratched her head. “Statistic is part of math. Oh you didn't know it? Don't worry now you know right and whole your life you need not be worried about not knowing something. I will always help my soul mate when she needs me” he smiled dreamily.