Chapter 14

Noma woke up not long after and made her way downstairs. Both of her parents where fast asleep cuddled up to each other on the couch. Noma smiled and went to make dinner for her family. She figured they weren't getting up unless it was completely necessary. Noma turned on some quiet music as she cooked, it was a pot of ramen but she was gonna cool it and mix it with veggies. She made different versions for each member. Hers had jalapenos and hot sauce with it, Aizawas had chunks of meat, and Hizashis had just veggies.

Noma set the table and went to wake her parents. She passed the backdoor and paused. Something was moving around out there, it was getting dark but she still saw something. Noma opened the door and stepped out. Curiosity killed the cat.

"Hello?" Noma called out. Their backyard was medium sized and had an 8 foot privacy fence surrounding it. "Mrow." Nomas head whipped over the the set of rose bushed they had. They got them for Noma to have something to care for. "Kitty?" Noma called out softy sitting in front of the bushes. She wanted the cat to come to her, she also wanted to show that she wasn't a threat.

A slim silverish blue cat stepped out of the bushes and walked over to the girl. It sniffed her hand before moving closer and sniffing the girls face. The cat pulled away and stared Noma dead in the eye before meowing loudly. "Are you hungry?" Noma asked. She didn't speak cat so she was troubleshooting here.

Noma was still sitting outside playing with the cat when the backdoor slammed open scaring both the cat and Noma. "Noma?!" Zashi yells out looking frantic. "Yes?" Noma said concerned. "Oh thank god. Sho I got her!" He yells back into the house. "Hun what are you doing out here?" He says rushing to her side. "I saw something and wanted to know what it was." She said wondering where the cat went.

"So you went out by yourself?" Shota said pulling Noma up from the ground. "W-well I thought it was ok since I wasn't going to leave our backyard." Noma said looking down. Had she done something wrong? "Did you find out what it was?" Hizashi asked looking around the yard. "Yep." Noma turned around and picked up the cat. She had felt it rub against her leg when she stood up. "I found a kitty, can I keep it? Please?"

Shota took a deep breath in and Hizashi groaned. "Yes." Shota said quickly he takes one of Nomas hands and goes inside. "What I don't get a say?" Hizashi says trailing behind them. "Its two against one papa." Noma says smiling as Shota snickers. "Alright we should eat and go to bed. We have a long day tomorrow." Shota says looking at his daughter. "What are we doing?" She asks setting her new cat down. "Just some rescue training at the USJ. Most of you want to be action heros but its important to have some rescue knowledge just incase." Noma nods in agreement, taking her seat.