Chapter 1: Eclipse

[E Z R A]

"So you're saying that the book I bought for him lead him to La Toé?" I asked and she nodded then shook her head. Okay? What the hell?

"Are you kidding me?" Tanong ko at lumapit siya sa pader upang kumuha ng tatlong papel na nakadikit doon. Lumapit siya sa table kung saan may ilaw at nilapag ang isang papel kung saan may kwintas na hindi ko maintindihan.

"Yes, the book you bought lead him to Armula Lé Téu and not La Toé." She said and shook her head.

"You just made toe sound fancy." She said and I scoffed.

"Are you aware that he will go on this thing if he'll have the book?" Tanong ko at tumango siya.

"Yup, anyone who went passionate to search for this treasure will go for it if, they had the last piece of the mystery." She said and sat on the table.

"Are you also aware that this will take months?"

"Yes. Yes, I am. I am also aware of the dangers and the possiblity of not getting back alive because of it." She said in a calm tone at 'yon ang hudyat para magwala ako.

"Then, why the hell did you make me buy that thing when you know that possibilty?! He's been gone for three months and we have not heard anything from him! And here you are telling me that he might be dead as of the moment like it's just nothing!" I shouted and she smiled in disblief. What the?

"Geez, girl. Calm down." She said and chuckled. What the actual hell? Tinatawanan niya ba ako?

"Utgyo?" I uttered out of disbelief and she stopped in a bit because of shock.

"Oh? Hanguk-o arayo?" She asked and I nodded.

"May pagkakorean pala si unggoy?" Tanong niya at tumawa.

"We're not Korean. I just learned Korean these past months." I clarified and she blinked twice while nodding. Cute but I won't buy it.

"So can we go back where Dexter is?!" I went back to the topic and she just nodded. She put the papers in her hands on the table and looked at me.

"That guy, went to different places to find some clues on Armula Lé Téu. I even saw him in Egypt this January." She said and I stared at her.

"He did, he told us whenever he's out to find something and inform us everyday that he is fine but this time he didn't even tell us that he'll leave." I said and she just blinked while pouting a bit. Normal ba na ang cute niya?

"Then, he's aware that this is something you, girl, will not allow. Pretty much the same that I do with Gilmore." Sambit niya at napakunot ang noo ko. Who the hell is Gilmore?

"Don't mind the name. She's my bestfriend and she's clumsy as hell." Pagpapatuloy niya at may itinuro sa papel na nilapag niya.

"This is where the book was found by the treasure hunters at Egypt. They got it before him so basically he stopped for searching since the people who got it are monsters." I looked at her in shock and she chuckled.

"I am talking figuratively." She said and shook her head.

"He didn't know that it will be auctioned since I blocked him." She mumbled and pouted.

"I was going to buy the book so that he won't go for it alone but someone raised 30 million dollars when the bid was just at 50 million pesos." sambit niya habang pinaniningkitan ako ng mata. What?

"Was it my fault now? You told me that I should buy it!" I shouted and she stood up straight and pouted.

"It is not your fault and it's not mine since I am not the one who told you to buy it." She said almost sulking.