The Excursion

Stella and Savannah walked into school and rushed to the principal's office. They couldn't talk because they hurried so quickly. " why hello girls. What can I help you with? " the principal asked sounding very confused. Savannah gave the principal a note with information about the excursion on it. " would we be able to bring this excursion together. The teacher said I couldn't bring my farm animals to them, so I could bring them to the farm animals at my house! " Savannah said with excitement. " so, what do you think?! " the principal starred at them, then the note and then them again. " this is a great idea Savannah and Stella not only will it show your life living on a farm, it will get the children interactive with animals! " the two girls were surprised at his reaction. The girls squealed. " oh my gosh! Thank you so much! " they took the note and ran to class to hand them out.

The girls stopped at the door huffing and puffing. " these are some notes that we HAVE to hand out, " Savannah said excitedly. Stella put a note on everyone's desk. " okay so read through the note. " everyone's looked at each other with excitement. They were going to get to see how Savannah's life was. To see if it's hard or not. To see whether they want to work with her animals or not and to see if they could be her friend. Of course! School went on for the day then everyone went home and waited for the next day to come into school and storm over Savannah and Stella with their permission notes and money for their wonderful excursion.

Savannah and Stella were getting prepared for people sprinting to her to give her there notes and money. As soon as the girls stepped into the gate everyone ran at them. They were a bit scared that they weren't gonna stop. But wait here comes Dannielle. Stella snuck away and gave her a note. Dannielle's mum was still at the school talking with other parents, so Dannielle ran to her mum to fill it out. " So far 25 of 30 people had brang in their note. That just shows how excited they were. But I mean the excursions is next week and they still have 3 more days to hand in notes. " Savannah exclaimed. Stella just laughed.

7 days had past and the excursion was here. FINALLY!!!

Savannah stayed at home that morning to prepare the activities. She checked through the activity sheets and saw what peoples 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks were. Everyone had to choose out of the 6 activities. Only 5 were allowed in each one so not everyone got their first priority. The activities were riding the horses, sheering and doing stuff with the dogs, milking the cows, working around the bird aviary and collecting the chicken eggs, playing with the cats and learning about the reptiles. So the day is jam packed full of fun and because the groups were small everyone could get multiple goes. Ding Dong! The class was at the door. Savannah calmed herself down, walked to the door sensibly and opened the door slowly. In front of her stood 30 students waiting to come in and do their activities. " come on in! " Savannah shouted so that the people at the back could hear. " go through to your left into the lounge room! Oh and you can try to sit on the lounge! 10 at once please! " Savannah had this all sorted. She was extremely happy with herself. She did this all by herself. Stella only helped with the notes. Savannah rushed to the lounge room as the last person walked through the door. " okay, so everyone I'm going to give you all a note and what ever group your in you have to go to the activity's tag. " everyone took off to their spots. There were five to a group. Perfect! " great! Your activity should also have your guide for the day written at the top go the sheet. Those people will go find their group now. " Thora, Shelby, Micheal, Kody, Stella and Savannah walked to there groups. Thora was on the birds, Shelby was on the cows, Micheal had his sheep, Kody was working with the reptiles, Stella was on the cats and Savannah was on her horses. Of course. " okay guides take your group to your station!" Savannah yelled across the room. Everyone rushed to there stations to get the day going.

Savannah's group was just girls. Not surprising. All the boys wanted to do the sheep, cows or reptiles. Well as Savannah had 5 horses and 5 people, everyone got to ride the whole time. Savannah just kind of started with getting to know the horse that has been chosen. Her horses are called Sunny, JD, Gypsy, Lucy and Milly. Her ponies are called Crunch and Pip. The horses are mostly 15.6 hand high and the ponies are around 13.7 hands high. The girls in the group were Dannielle, Lily, Stephanie, Natalie and Sophie. Dannielle rode JD, Lily rode Gypsy, Stephanie rode Lucy, Natalie rode Milly and Sophie rode Crunch. But of course Savannah rode Sunny. Savannah started by showing them how to saddle and then got them to do it by themselves. Dannielle got it perfectly and the rest either didn't do the girth tight enough because they didn't want to hurt the horse or they put the saddle to far back. She quickly corrected the girls and helped them get on. She started by just walking them around. She started getting them into a trot. She tried to teach them to rise but only a few got it straight up. Then she took them out on a track after a bit and took them for a bit of a trot. Once they got the rising, she started to canter a bit. They were really great. Everyone stayed on, everyone listened and everyone enjoyed it. " look guys, because you enjoyed this so much you can come around whenever you want. These horses will be here. Just knock on the front door and I'll lead you through. I might even go with you on a track! " Savannah said in a very exciting voice. Their jaws dropped. They screamed and yelled " omg... Thank you!!!! " they all loved the idea. They were most likely gonna come over everyday. Savannah didn't mind at all. She also loved the idea she made. She could teach them more and become their friends. The girls were really nice and awesome at listening and they pay attention to everything you have to say. Savannah wasn't sure whether they only wanted to be her friend because she was new and had an amazing house or whether they were just being her friend to ride her horses. Well that was a thought for the future. She wasn't worrying about it now, she was having to much fun to doubt them.

The rest of the groups were having so much fun and the time went by so quickly that for the next month or two the kids were knocking on Savannah's door wanting to work with some of her animals. They were pretty much doing their chores!!! Savannah loved the company. And being at school for 1 week and having a class of friends, Savannah was amazed! She didn't think she would fit in, but, she ended up having a kid coming to her doorstep every afternoon. After 1 month of friends coming to the doorstep, it got really... Annoying.