**Chapter 4**

"Lights go down in the moment, we're lost and found. I just want to be by your side, if these wings could fly." are the lyrics I listen to as I sit down at an empty lunch table. All day I have felt insecure and hated. I'm the main target, for being myself.

"Is this seat taken?" I look up and see Jack. I slightly smile and pull the chair out for him to sit in.

"Now tell me why you like me so much. I barely know you." I say taking out my ear buds and looking straight into his eyes. His big brown eyes that I have just realized, make my heart melt.

"First of all, your beautiful." he starts and strokes my wavy, blonde hair. "Your courage, bravery, strength, your honesty. You are everything that I want in a girl."

I can't help but blush and I can tell he notices. "Your adorable." he laughs and bops my nose which makes me laugh, a real laugh.

"I haven't been able to smile in a while, thank you." I say smiling so that my almost perfect white teeth show from under my lips. This is a real smile.

"Anything for you Hayley. Anything to see that gorgeous smile of yours that can light up a room." he says slowly placing his hand on top of mine.

He looks into my hazel eyes and I look back into his brown ones. He starts to lean towards my lips and I follow his lead and do the same. Our lips almost connect--but it's never that easy.

"Jack." a stubborn voice snaps. I look up and see a girl who looks like a complete brat. I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but she completely interrupted our moment.

"What do you want Bella?" Jack asks.

"Well we saw you trying to kiss it." she says looking at a table of kids then she looks disgustedly at me. I look at her confused then look at Jack.

"It's name is Hayley." he says putting air quotes around "it's".

"Whatever. Come back to the table, maybe we can kiss." she says grabbing Jacks arm.

"Get off of me. I wouldn't kiss you if it was for my life." Jack says shaking his arm and I place my hand on his shoulder to make sure he is with me. He stands up and grabs my hand.

"Hayley and I are happy together. Don't change that, k?" He says leading us to the rooftop garden.

"Your not that bad." I say teasing. Jack hits my arm playfully and we sit in the garden, admiring the flowers, but mostly each other.