**Chapter 5**

Over the past few weeks Jack and I had gotten close. I never thought the one I really loved was the one who was chasing me.

Jack always protected me from all the hate I still got after I changed to my average boring self again. I still got called a slut. I still got called a whore. I still got pushed around by the football teams. I got pictures of porn taped on my locker. Life is tough, but I'm not going to sit around and wine about it.

I have 1 chance at life, 1 time. It damn sure better count.

I stumble into my Algebra class and sit at an empty desk. This was the worst class of the day. Football players, cheerleaders, the popular squad, my ex friends, the hipsters and worst of all, Bella.

"Hey Pornstar!" She would greet me when she walked in making everyone go into a fit of laughter. I don't get the girls at my school. The typical movie school has the victim wearing jeans and a t shirt. The popular snobs would wear the pretty, short dresses. Its completely different.

It's not like girls wear jeans and an old tshirt. Trust me these girls are rich and gross. They are the porn stars. Their shirts are short and so tight it makes there boobs look like they are going to come out and the jeans are the tightest, especially around the butt. I bet Bella adds extra padding too. It's so gross how they think they can make fun of me for wearing a dress when they are practically Nikki Manaj.

I sat down and I expected kids to be whispering. To be honest that was getting old, but they weren't today. They were doing work. When Bella walked in I tried to avoid her, but she didn't seem to notice me. She walked right passed me and went to talk to her friends. Woah.

The rest of the day I didn't get called names, nothing was taped to my locker. People weren't talking to me. It was weird, to weird.

Jack ran over to me, panicked. I smiled not noticing the rush he was in to tell me something.

"Babe what's wrong?" I ask as he picks me up and rushes me out the doors. My eyes were stinging and I wasn't sure why. I wasn't sure where we were going. I noticed a lot of kids had already made their way outside. Jack tried to hide my face with his jacket as he rushed far out in front of the school.

"Hayley they are trying to kill you!" Jack stopped and put me down. I stood and shook my head. Tears ran down my face. I turned around and saw the school in flames.

"Is she still in there?" I heard voices say. "No one told her right?!"

Jack held me tightly. I cried in his chest. "They were willing to burn the school down to get rid of me?" I stumble to say. I couldn't believe what was occurring.

"It's ok. I'm here." Jack soothed me and rubbed my back in a circular motion.

I just shook my head that was buried in his chest. He was my hero. He does care, a lot. "Don't ever," I started. "Don't ever leave me."

"Never." Jack kissed my head then took my hand. "It'll be alright."

We walked far and long. I didn't bother to look up. I didn't bother to ask. I had no one except Jack. Was that enough?

Finally it seemed we had gotten to the destination. I managed to look up. It was where I was weeks ago when I was feeling depressed. Where Jack saved me. Where I was about to jump. Where I threw the stick. I turned to my left and Jack let go of my hand.

"I won't judge you if you jump." Jack said tearing up. I shook my head as I looked down. "I don't want you to suffer, it's not fair."

"Jack I wouldn't." i aggressively shook my head. "Im not letting you go and I'm not letting you alone. You mean to much to me."

He walked over to me and grabbed my waist. "Who's gonna be the first one to say goodbye?" He whispered. I could feel his pain.

"I wish I knew, but it sure won't be soon. We need to think of the good." I whispered back. "Your the only good I have, so I need to be thinking of the happy, goofy and sexy guy you are to keep me here." Jack laughed a bit then kissed my head.

"How did I get so lucky with you?" He says.

"I ask myself the same thing, about you." I smile and turn away from the small cliff. I make contact with Jack's brown eyes and he looks into my eyes.

"I love you Gilinsky." I smile.

"Heroes." he whispers.

"Heroes?" I ask but smile.

"We're each other's." he whispers and we kiss over the spot we were about to jump that day. I loved our connection. It was perfection.